Author Topic: Exterior painting  (Read 11625 times)

Offline Stressed Eric

Exterior painting
« on: February 04, 2008, 13:53:48 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good painter in the Ovacik/Hisaronu area for exterior painting work. We've had a couple of quotes so far which seem ridiculously high. We'd do the work ourselves, but i'm scared of heights !!!!

Offline Linda

Exterior painting
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 16:18:03 PM »
Hi Eric I know of someone who should be able to help you. He is English and lives in Ovacik. He works to British standards but charges Turkish prices  ;)

If you pm your contact number, I will get him to give you a call with a price.

Offline Stressed Eric

Exterior painting
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 18:06:08 PM »
Thanks Linda, i've emailed you for his number.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Exterior painting
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 19:38:44 PM »
whats the exterior paint life span does the turkish paint have any durability guarentee ie 10 years, will it repel rain ?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Exterior painting
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 20:23:38 PM »
You can get paint that is proper exterior paint which is good in Sun & rain, however our villa was painted in it & some areas required touching up after 2 yrs and we repainted after 3 yrs. Hopefully this will last a bit longer now. It does fade as well which makes touching up a bit patchy. We paid £265 last year which included paint. The painters did do a good few villas at once though so I assume that brought the price down a bit. Would be interested in what others have paid or been quoted as a comparison though.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Exterior painting
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 20:26:31 PM »
I was talking to a guy I know who has done a few exterior house paints to keep him busy. I remember thinking at the time that he was just the sort of guy I'd use if I needed such a service.

And if I remember who it was, I'll post again :D

Offline Stressed Eric

Exterior painting
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 13:21:16 PM »
We own a Nicholas built maisonette, who are asking £1350 to paint the whole building (2 apartments). We've had 4 other quotes so far, the cheapest being approx. £700 inc paint. What a difference in price !!!

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Exterior painting
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 15:54:37 PM »
With quotes like those no wonder you're "stressed" Eric, keep asking around as I feel, without seeing your property, that £700 is way too high.

Pete

Offline amber

Exterior painting
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 16:42:04 PM »
Both quotes are too high.  My sister in law had to repaint her house in Hisaronu both inside and out after purchase - all the paints started peeling - had obviously been a cheap paint and had been watered down by contractor.  Had to sack the first painter.  Was desperate as was going home in a couple of days, what she did was to go to  GOKSULAR (turkish version of homebase!) - there is a very bossy lady that runs the place - she knows all the builders/painters etc. - she made a couple of calls whilst we were waiting and found an EXCELLENT painter, a team arrived the following morning - 3 bedroom detached villa, several coats of a special imported textured paint (in order to fill fine cracks)-finished in one day.  This was two years ago and paintwork still good.  Cannot remember the name of painter but am sure that GOKSULAR lady will be of help. Cost of labour was about £300.  There is a vast range of materials at Goksular, both imported and local and what is not in stock bossy lady will order for you - I would recommend this special imported exterior textured paint.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Exterior painting
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 20:15:30 PM »
whats the name/ manufacturer of the paint?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf