Author Topic: Silver gift ware  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Linda

Silver gift ware
« on: June 14, 2008, 16:45:18 PM »
I have to buy a 60th birthday present for a man this week - presents for men are always difficult :P

Does anyone know where I can purchase a quality cigarette/cigar silver case and lighter? Do the jewellers sell goods like that as they do in th UK?

Thanks
Linda :)

Offline AndyLin

Silver gift ware
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:31 AM »
Hi Linda
There is a very good silver shop in Fethiye, acoss the main road from Carfore and on the side street up to the indoor fish/veg market. Hope you find it ok.
Lin

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Silver gift ware
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:28:44 AM »
Carrefour  ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 08:29:10 AM by KKOB »

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Silver gift ware
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:01:04 AM »
There are 2 silver shops in Calis as far as i know, Gurbus, opposite Josephs bar, and Eddies down by b52, don't know if they sell what you are looking for tho, give one enough time, and if you can get them in Turkey they will most likely find them. Alan

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Silver gift ware
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »
Hi Linda,
As an Antiques Dealer in the U.K. I can tell you that silver cigarette cases have really taken a dive in price at auction, same with lighters, due to smoking not being P.C.   Solid silver cases dating from the 1920's can be bought for as little as £10.00. If you get a good one with a blank cartouche on the front, you can have initials or a message engraved.  The shaped silver cigar cases are still making good money, as there are collectors for them,  however if you want a cigarette case my advise is to look in your local U.K. auction.
Jacqui.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf