Author Topic: Perfect answer in Turkish  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Tors__

Perfect answer in Turkish
« on: August 06, 2008, 15:32:40 PM »
Why do you drink wine?

Ara sira ne zamanki içti&gim bütün saraplari dikkatlice düsünsem utanirim. O zaman barda&ga bakar ve üzüm ba&glarinda çalisan isçileri, onlarin hayallerini ve umutlarini düsünürüm. E&ger ben sarap içmeseydim, onlar issiz kalip bütün umutlarini yitirirlerdi. Sonra kendi kendime "Bencil olup karaci&gerim hakkinda endiselenmek yerine, bu sarabi içip onlarin hayallerinin gerçeklesmesini sa&glamak daha iyidir!" derim.

In English...

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams - if I didn´t drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my own liver".

Offline Pebbles

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 00:10:28 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tors__

Why do you drink wine?

Ara sira ne zamanki içti&gim bütün saraplari dikkatlice düsünsem utanirim. O zaman barda&ga bakar ve üzüm ba&glarinda çalisan isçileri, onlarin hayallerini ve umutlarini düsünürüm. E&ger ben sarap içmeseydim, onlar issiz kalip bütün umutlarini yitirirlerdi. Sonra kendi kendime "Bencil olup karaci&gerim hakkinda endiselenmek yerine, bu sarabi içip onlarin hayallerinin gerçeklesmesini sa&glamak daha iyidir!" derim.

In English...

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes and dreams - if I didn´t drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my own liver".

Hahaha Tori, i like it!:D

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 13:45:10 PM »
What a brilliant answer!

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 14:32:25 PM »
fantastic!

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK