Author Topic: Kaya Valley Demolitions  (Read 26366 times)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 22:50:14 PM »
A devastating piece of news Alan, what a bloody awful start to 2009. Can only echo everyones wish that something can be sorted to avoid this debacle.
Goog luck to all 160 of you.
Ken

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 23:13:27 PM »
This is Mrs KKOB....Can't remember my own sign in details and am just too worked up to find them.

FriendlyGhost.....PM me Please, would like to know who you are and where you are in the village.

Our House was built by Hanel.......If we take one wall out, we'd probably complete the job for them anyway...Joking aside.....I'd like to know why the effin Turkish government took the tax owed by the builders on all these illegal builds, and then allowed them all to have water and electric supplied to them, just to do this in the future??  How the hell can they even begin to justify this when there's plans to build a big holiday complex right under the Ghost Village. Why go to the huge expense of recently updating all the old electric pylons and cable into the village if they are going to flatten all the houses that are connected to the electric.

And I'd also like to know when they are going to demolish the mosque, because if RULES are RULES then the Mosque is illegal too. They had just started building that in August 2004.

How come there's a supposedly legal building going on opposite the Kaya Vardi Villas, how can there be parcels of land with 3% build permission advertised in land of lights and various websites.

Why has one landowner been told by Mugla authorities that he can build on his plot as long as he incorporates  the tiny stone ruin into the new build?

Someone has mentioned that this is just a scare tactic and the next thing we will hear is that we have all been fined AGAIN. The monies presumably going to fund their election campaign, another Kaya resident has said that it's to scare them into voting for the right party at the coming elections....well pardon me but, even if I was allowed to vote, I sure as hell wouldn't vote for a party in the March elections that bulldozed my home 2 months earlier in January.....Ben aptal miyum (spelling).

If you know the village pretty well and try and picture the Valley you will see that if every house and building that has NOT been built on the footprint of one of the 250+ year old places is illegal....then this will practically flatten the whole Valley. Every place that tourists stay in the season is, it would appear by what we have been told, illegal, inc The Istanbul, Muzzy's, Kaya Vardi Villas, possibly the Stables and many many more.

With 160+ homes involved a lot of them are going to have rental tenants in them, low income Turkish family's with children at the school who are going to have to find somewhere to go, How can they afford to find more income, as I don't suppose they will get any rent money bank if they paid in advance, even a few months.

What about all the people who have homes here, who are back in the UK or where ever they live for Christmas and New Year and are not due back till after 5th....

Please excuse the rambling, bad grammar and spelling..I'm not really thinking straight at the moment.

Offline Tors__

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 23:51:10 PM »
That is abosolutely bloody ridiculous!
Turkish government at it again... making things up as they please!

If there is anything Ali or myself can do to help please dont hesitate to contact us!
I really hope you get this resolved!

What bloody pillocks!

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2008, 00:13:16 AM »
Having read Mrs Kaya's post, I feel for you so much, surely they cant go ahead with this, I hope something can be done to prevent this action taking place.
It most certainly does nothing to encourage people to come to their country and buy a home there,cant they see this.

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2008, 03:56:15 AM »
I can't stop thinking of this issue.

Does the Governor of Mugla not realise that potential buyers of property in Turkey are going to be put off doing so by this outrage?
Does the Turkish Government realise how this will affect the economy when people decide against "the dream" of living in Turkey.
Is this not typical of the human rights issues that are preventing Turkey from gaining entry to the EEC?

If there has been no building permission in Kaya for 25 years how have people been able to get a TAPU? I thought that this was a legal document proving ownership of the property?

As a potential buyer of property in Turkey I will certainly be following this issue & I totally sympathise with those of you who are under this threat.

Dave

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2008, 08:19:57 AM »
We really feel for all families involved in this debacle, and the timing does appear to be cruel when they obviously aware that this is the European holiday season.

Have you all contacted the Court of Human Rights?  offices maybe closed but must be an emergency staff operating, as Turkey are a member of the Court then all matters should be halted whilst in litigation, isn't this the case?

Good luck to you all.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 08:38:49 AM »
Thanks for all the offers of support, advise and somewhere to sleep etc. You've all been very kind.

Since moving out here we've had some **it to put up with, with the bureaucracy and rip-offs, but the good times have always outweighed the bad. Despite misgivings at times, we've always tried to be positive about our decision to settle here.

However, at the moment Zimbabwe seems to be a very attractive alternative to Turkey !  ;)

Reading between the lines, this a political move of some kind and whilst I don't pretend to completely understand the motives, (I couldn't understand British politics let alone the Turkish system), it's probably linked to the March elections.

I have a feeling that all these "illegally built properties" are suddenly going to be given an amnesty an payment of a fine or something similar. Thus making the politicians involved in this debacle to appear magnanimous. I can't imagine that any sane government is going to allow the wholesale demolition of houses on such a large scale.

We'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 08:58:15 AM by KKOB »

Offline calvin 1949

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 09:55:39 AM »
Best wishes Alan , any help we can give goes without saying .Calvin

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
In order for them to appear really magnanimous would it be worth getting the british papers involved?  
That way they might be Magnanamous for free.

Offline barry44544

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »
Just a word of warning.... I can remember English ex-pats saying the same thing in Spain.
"This cant happen" But it did! The Spanish grabbed the land. Knocked hundreds of new houses down.
Everyone thought they were legal. The Spanish just made new laws.
Sorry to be doom and gloom, but dont sit and think it wont happen.
Good luck.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf