Author Topic: Kaya Valley Demolitions  (Read 27048 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2008, 10:53:30 AM »
Yep, I understand what happened in Spain.

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
Sorry to read about about this post Alan, just lost for words.  Bruce & Brenda

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2008, 12:06:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by heather07

In order for them to appear really magnanimous would it be worth getting the british papers involved?  
That way they might be Magnanamous for free.

I agree with Heather. The more public this becomes then,hopefully, the Turkish authorities will realise that it is not in their interest to carry out this demolition threat.
The reality is that there is currently a large number of properties in the Mugla area that have not sold. I, as a potential property buyer, am certainly watching the outcome of this issue & won't want to buy in a country that threatens people in this way.
It is surely in Turkey's long term interests to "discover" that they have made a terrible mistake & reassure the people that they will not carry out this demolition or fine anyone.
Do they not realise how financially damaging this would be when people stop buying property in Turkey & also that the EEC is constantly monitoring Turkish human rights issues?
I sincerely hope that this outrage gets resolved soon &, in the mean time, can only offer my moral support & suggest that the people involved make this as public as possible.

Dave

Offline Diverbaz 1

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2008, 13:18:26 PM »

I was reading elsewhere that this is going on all over the Mugla area, apparently 6400 home are under threat, mostly Turkish owned, even the Mayor in one location.

Baz 8)

Offline brianthegardener

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2008, 14:08:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Diverbaz 1

I was reading elsewhere that this is going on all over the Mugla area, apparently 6400 home are under threat, mostly Turkish owned, even the Mayor in one location.

Baz 8)

So its not just Foriegners that are in this situation...very strange..and with an election coming up to :o

Offline Firo

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2008, 14:52:39 PM »
KKOB,
Unbelievable behaviour and if there is any thing we can do to help please let us know.
Contact the British Embassy in Ankara and the British Press.
The Embassy are extreemly helpful and they could start asking questions in Ankara on behalf of the UK citizens involved. This tends to have a knock on effect through to Mugla and can prove very effective.
Also tell the UK consulate in Fethiye that you are contacting the Embassy in Ankara.
Hit the UK papers with the story as even the Turkish Gov do not want bad publicity.
If I can think of anything else I will email you.
Good luck, from my experience the Embassy is a great 1st port of call and let the authorities in Mugla know that you are all (expats & Turks) going to fight it all the way.
Fi

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2008, 15:27:20 PM »
Do the lawyers or agents involved in the sale of the houses not have a degree of responsibility for the position that owners now find themselves in?
What are they doing about the problem?

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2008, 15:33:43 PM »
I have e-mailed the Fethiye Times on this issue. This is a copy:

"I was planning to buy a house in the Calis Beach area next year & live there permanently. I was therefore horrified to read that the authorities are threatening to demolish 160 houses in the Kaya area as they claim that they have no building permission.

I have also heard that there may be thousands of houses at risk of demolition in the Mugla area. What is happening out there? Unless the intention is to scare people away from moving to Turkey & spending there money there then the authorities had better have a very urgent re-think.

I, for one, would certainly not want to live in a country where this could happen, sounds like fascism to me! What type of people threaten innocent people with the loss of their family home?"

May I suggest that others who feel that this issue must not happen, also write to the newspapers. This should be publicised for the outrageous bullying against innocent people that it is.

Dave Gardner.

Offline jacx

Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2008, 15:37:33 PM »
Hi KKOB I just can't believe what I have just read. You must be absolutely devasted. I just hope this is scare tactics as was suggested because they want votes in March (funny way of going about getting votes) and another way of collecting money again via fines.
I cannot imagine how you are feeling right now. I hope all those involved can get together and collectively do something to make the government realise what a ridulous and stupid thing to do, and it will In the long run not do them any favours at all.
You mentioned that if you demolish the property yourselves then you can rebuild it and it will then be legal.
Why can they not just give you all retrospective planning permision? And why is it the property owners who have to suffer?. What happens to the builders and Landowners?
I hope with all my Heart that this doesn't happen and you all get things sorted out.
regards
Jacquie :):-\

Offline albaman

• Membership Cancered
Kaya Valley Demolitions
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2008, 16:11:17 PM »
I've just received this e-mail. Could be worth keeping an eye on the Fethiye Times to see what they say.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your email. We are looking into the news story and will post an article on Fethiye Times when we have the full picture.

Regards,

Iain
Editor - www.fethiyetimes.com

Sent: 28 December 2008 17:07
To: fethiyetimes@gmail.com
Subject: House demolition in Mugla?

I was planning to buy a house in the Calis Beach area next year & live there permanently. I was therefore horrified to read that the authorities are threatening to demolish 160 houses in the Kaya area as they claim that they have no building permission.

I have also heard that there may be thousands of houses at risk of demolition in the Mugla area. What is happening out there? Unless the intention is to scare people away from moving to Turkey & spending there money there then the authorities had better have a very urgent re-think.

I, for one, would certainly not want to live in a country where this could happen, sounds like fascism to me! What type of people threaten innocent people with the loss of their family home?

Dave Gardner.

edited to remove email address
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 09:43:06 AM by Anne »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf