Author Topic: Library - Learning Turkish  (Read 2433 times)

Offline The Crinklies

Library - Learning Turkish
« on: August 27, 2004, 19:13:43 PM »
Went to our local library today and managed to pick up a Simplified Language Course which contains 4 tapes and a book. Title is Turkish in Three Months and cost £1 for me to 'borrow' it.
When the librarian date stamped it at the 'check out' I noticed that the lending time was only for 3 weeks. I thought that I would jokingly point out that the pack said Turkish in 3 months, not 3 weeks and please could I have it for longer as I was surely going to need at least the 3 months, but she did not see the funny side of this! I was told that I would have to keep going back to renew the date.
The title of the course should be renamed Turkish in 3 weeks, plus 3 weeks, plus 3 weeks, plus 3 weeks etc., etc., Wish me luck 'cos I'm going to need it!!!!:D
Sue

Offline pauld

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 20:32:42 PM »
not really sue thats only as its loaned form the library if it was purchased you coul take 3 months or 6 months its the one by hugo something which is very good. just tel libray to renew at enf of loan period lol

Offline sfatih

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 22:49:23 PM »
Goog luck with that  :) But it may be wise to follow the topics from more than one book. This will definitely help you understand better by giving different persectives. Keep working  :)

Offline BUBSMUM

Library - Learning Turkish
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 14:55:27 PM »
I've got this language kit.  Before I came to live in Fethiye six years ago I asked my boss if he would buy the Hugo's language course instead of the crate of Champagne he gave me every Christmas. He thought I was MAD. I soon discovered that I had made a BIG MISTAKE.  Apart from learning the Turkish alphabet and their sounds I didn't learn too much after that.  When does anybody need to say 'There is the little girl in the Red Coat'??? And the guy narrating on the tapes is such a pompous arse.  I gave it to a friend to use but she quickiy returned it!! The best way to learn Turkish is spend a lot of time with Turkish friends.

My boss by the way said after that it was the first clue he had that I would one day be leaving him to come and live in Turkey.  He was mortified!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf