Author Topic: Roofs  (Read 6207 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Roofs
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 22:50:11 PM »
We've used Engin from Fethiye Property Services and like the fact we know that he does a good job.  

With Engin we know we will be happy.  I confess, though, that I didn't know he wont deal with Turks and that is a little dismaying.  But then there's plenty of Turks out there in flash vehicles that rip off the expats and do a lousy job for the money.

So, if someone can recommend a GOOD worker that takes a pride in doing the job properly and promptly. at a reasonable price, please speak up.

Trouble is, anyone prepared to mention a name will, very likely, get shot down in flames, so I can understand their reticence.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 22:53:17 PM by Rindaloo »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Roofs
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 23:01:20 PM »
Think I would like to hear Engin's side of this story and I for one will not condemn him for having a nice car.  He works very hard and why should he drive around in an old banger so people will not be jealous of his success.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Roofs
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 23:25:35 PM »
It's also not a Turkey story - there are plenty of people in the UK who do appalling building work, driving around in very flash vehicles indeed.

Offline posleeds

Roofs
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 15:58:36 PM »
Good luck to the man.
He looks like he has made a good living from the ex-pat community based in Fethiye & the surrounding area.
He has obviously realised that by learning English, working to British expectations i.e providing an itemised quotation, doing a good job, offering a guarantee which he will honour, coming in cheaper than the original quote (bit of psychology coming in there I think...) he will be recommended.

I'm just disappointed that he bothered to take the time, send someone on the roof to take photo's, explain what needs doing, but then doesn't come back with a price regardless of me e-mailing him.  It would have been better all round if he had the decency just to say he didn't want the job in the first place.

Thanks for the e-mail Susan - will be contacting Celal  :)

Offline micky mouse

Roofs
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 19:02:54 PM »
Dear Mr Scunner,Im not knocking fethyie property services good luck to him and yes he does deserve to have a nice motor as im sure he works very hard for his money.My prices used to double when i used to price for work up in london,london prices wealthy people the price goes up.But you cant charge chelsea and kensington prices in turkey.Yes i am a retired builder and street wise you would have to get up early in the morning to catch me.The difference with me is that i done my researce first by going and pricing the roof tiles etc first and paying for them and on completion of the work and i was happy i paid up that was the deal.The roofer i used was a friend of the owner of seril 1 and 2 who ive none for 15years his name is jemel i dont have his number in the uk but i do have it out in turkey.So if anyone needs to use him then they will have to pop in to seril 1 and ask sesiye for his contact number.I hope this anwsers your question thanks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Roofs
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 19:11:58 PM »
Dear Mr. Mouse, I didn't say you were knocking anyone, I was just pointing out that you didn't tell us who you used  :)

Offline micky mouse

Roofs
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 19:41:51 PM »
OK no problem,just giving an opinion,some you win,some you lose,business is business where ever in the world you are.

Offline efersiz

Roofs
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 21:28:18 PM »
Merhaba for all CBF members,

We did not reply good or bad comments up to now. We respected that the comments are people's own thought.  

However the person with user name posleeds is giving missing information.   At first time we went to their house, someone from the next block came immediately and they were surprised as well, because that person is their builder. Posleeds's Turkish boyfriend was with her as well and they heard what we talked with their builder. He told that he has already fixed the leaking areas and it was not a good job and he said it will be done again. Since posleeds do not trust him, she wanted us to do the job. We asked her to let him try once more since he will be doing it free of charge. We thought that it is better for posleeds to get the job done by the previous person since it is free and he had a chance to correct his fault.

Moreover the builder told us before he went that it is his job, and not to interfere. We translated this to posleeds as well. Besides we did not want to cause another argument between them by answering the other company.

I also told that I do not want to work with Turks, because as everybody knows in this forum, every Turk is a professional in construction and they know everything about it. However when you see the job done, you just laugh at them.
Since Turkish people are mostly living in apartments in Fethiye, it is always a problem with the roof repairs. Roof is also a common area like the garden. It has to be done for the building certification meaning it is important for all owners in the apartment. As the situation is like this, when it is time to payment for the roof repair, no one pays except the roof floor owners. In that case it is always problem for us to get the payment after work. We had many examples like this in the past.

Very simply just ask tribalelder about it in this forum.
He is living on the third floor of an apartment in Tasyaka. We fixed his chimney once and roof twice and he made the payment himself. Besides kindly ask for the labour quality and price.

We always offer the best quality materials. The choice is up to the owner. Meaning the high or low price in quote depends on the owner.
The cheapest roof felt is 13 tl and the most expensive one is 60 tl. We have used the most expensive one (the real membrane) in our previous jobs and did not have any problem at all up to now.  Because of the difference between materials, when we add the best quality to our quote, it comes out with a 4 times more expensive quote between us and the others who add cheap quality felt. You see the reason in price.

Mickymouse says he got the job done with half price of my quote. I respect him, but the workman's knowledge and labour quality is not same with us and I am sure the quality of the materials and the quantity are not same in two quotes.

If I know that I can get the job done at a lower price with same quality, why would I buy it expensive and offer my client and lose the job!!!

Moreover, I always bring the 4-5 different insulation materials with me and show and want the client to choose. I prepare the quote after this depending on the choice. So all control is at our client's hands.

With the simplest examples you can see how we work in the following links.

http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}23246
http://{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}31707

Thank you to our clients for choosing us.

Note; if this post is seen as an advertisement by the administration of the forum, we respect that as well. We just wanted to use our right of reply. The rest is up to the readers.

Fethiye Property Services Team
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 21:30:01 PM by efersiz »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Roofs
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 21:34:52 PM »
People will always have the right of reply on CBF, and you did that. I don't see the post as an advertisement at all.

Offline Pompeylil

Roofs
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 22:23:37 PM »
What a brilliant response from efersiz.

I like his reply very much!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf