Author Topic: Roofs  (Read 6206 times)

Offline posleeds

Roofs
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 22:32:26 PM »
Originally posted by efersiz

"However the person with user name posleeds is giving missing information.   At first time we went to their house, someone from the next block came immediately and they were surprised as well, because that person is their builder."

As mentioned when you came out to give us the quote the builder had not put the job right.
We purchased the property in May when the weather was good & did not know about the leaking roof until October when the rain began.  We did contact the builder who sent his original roofer out twice - he truned up with a tube of silicon & as your photo's suggested it needs a damn site more than that to make it water tight. Not once did the builder come out to see what the problem was himself. The apartments are now 5 years old, the original roofer said he was not getting paid any extra for his work, so understandably he wouldn't lay any money out for materials & the builder just isn't interested.
It was sods law that when I called Fethiye Property Services out, I saw the builder in the adjoining block & asked him to come over just to point out that we were going to have to get someone else in as the roof was leaking like a sieve.  The fact you both turned up on my doorstep at exactly the same time was misfortunate for me - it had taken approx 6 months for him to show his face! I did explain all this to you at the time.
Anyway to cut a long story short he still hasn't sent anyone out to repair the roof, I knew he wouldn't! We are totally frustrated at living in a damp house, having to move furniture & roll up rugs every time there is the threat of rain just to prevent in getting spoilt.

All we want is a reliable roofer regardless of cost (FPS were highly recommended hence the contact) - I just wish you had had the courtesy to contact us after I had e-mailed you for the quote to let us know you weren't interested.  If you were worried about payment I would have been quite happy to pay half up front in view of your high esteem amongst CBF members - though I would be interested to know why you would doubt my integrity? I was the person who had contacted you - the fact the builder told you it was his job & not to interfere should not come into it. I think waiting nearly 5 months for him to pull his finger out is long enough!

Frustration Reigns!

Offline Carpete

Roofs
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 21:04:33 PM »
Interesting reading this! I know very little about roofs but I am also a neighbour of Micks and, like Mick, also needed a drink after getting such a high quote. So high I thought initially it was a genuine mistake ie. should have been ytl not GBP£. Not the case so I also got my roof done elsewhere and in fact used the guy that all our Turkish neighbours used. I know we all pay a higher price in Turkey but it was silly. In fact there were about 4-5  UK owned houses  on site that needed doing so in fact it could have been a nice job if the price had been reasonable. And thats the word really, we all want "reasonable" beit quality, service and price. "Good" would be even nicer of course :)
Carpete

Offline Chinook

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »
The problem of poor roofs apart from not using underfelt or insulation or using no nails is often that normal clout nails which have smooth sides are used and these loosen as soon as the winter storms start to blow. If you are having a roof relaid insist on proper roofing nails which have serrated sides. These are readily available in Turkey

Offline ovacikman

Roofs
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 18:14:59 PM »
new to ovacik can someone recommend a carpenter/roofer to put a tiled roof over my pergola and an ottoman style balcony

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Roofs
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 20:31:01 PM »
Yes, Fethiye Property Services ! ( He uses the name efersiz on the forum )

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf