Author Topic: Electric combi boiler  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Firo

Electric combi boiler
« on: August 20, 2009, 18:34:52 PM »
Have any of you got an electric combi boiler to run your central heating & hot water?
If you have can you give me a rough idea of the hours you have it on against the cost. Also where did you purchase it.
Thanks
Fi

Offline Alan Keating

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 20:43:20 PM »
I understand your question etc., but I regret a correct answer is not possible. There are too many variants to answer before something useful could be given. Even if someone else has one fitted, the property, your use etc., are very likely to be different and therefore timings and cost.
As there are many fitted, I guess you should find a local supplier.
Whilst this is of limited help, I trust you see the problem. 8)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Electric combi boiler
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 21:04:58 PM »
Perhaps give a rough description,rooms and size,then see if any members with similar property and combi can help??

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Electric combi boiler
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 21:18:26 PM »
Hi Firo,just a thought.How good is your electric supply in uzumlu?In the UK a gas combi is more efficient,it may also be true here.In addition,having gas delivered is reliable and an automatic changeover valve in the system would mean two cylinders, but you would never run out.The cylinders would be of commercial size as used by hotels,restruants etc.good luck J,hope this helps.

Offline Firo

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 21:28:09 PM »
Got gas already and it is far too expensive to run. 2 years ago a bottle was 165tl and having the heating on in the lounge, hall, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom for 3 hours a day, the bottle lasted 2-3 days.
Have been told an electric combi is cheaper to run hence the question. Looking to heat the same number of rooms as above.
Electric supply where we are in Uzumlu is good and we are on 3 phase.
Fi

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Electric combi boiler
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 21:34:54 PM »
Crikey,thats expensive.I wasnt aware whether you  had considered the alternative fuel source.best of luck j

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric combi boiler
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 21:50:34 PM »
A very knowledgeable man is the guy at the Alarko shop on the Tasyaka road out of Fethiye. I can't remember his name but he speaks superb English and is very helpful. One option may be to price up an underground gas tank and get your gas tanker delivered by Ipragaz, although I'm not sure how much cheaper it is. Worth discussing all the options with him.

Offline terrie

Electric combi boiler
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 22:17:15 PM »
the mans name is hakan(speaks good english)05326135501

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Electric combi boiler
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 22:24:18 PM »
That's the fella :D

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Electric combi boiler
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 22:24:38 PM »
We have a diesel combi boiler fitted in our villa, it runs 8 double radiators and if we want we can have the hot water with heating or without.
We fill a 100 gallon tank, this can usually last for 2 winters (filled tank November 2006 approx 1000TL and topped up 300TL November 2008, total cost between £500 and £565), the pipes underfloor give us extra warmth acting like a underfloor heating, Uzumlu is much colder than Fethiye and how you use the system and for how long of course will depend on cost.

Boiler make is Baymark, we have had the system 6 years and no problems, the only place that did the heating system at that time was Beko, a few friends have since used the man in Tasyaka and they are happy with his services.

Although Gordon comes from Scotland and should by rights be used to cold, he turns the heating on whilst me, the "Soft Southerner" turns it off!  however, I would not be without it during the winter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf