Author Topic: Visa renewal  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Dempava

Visa renewal
« on: October 08, 2009, 15:28:57 PM »
Can anyone tell me is there a time scale as to when you can renew your visa prior to it running out?

We have friends coming out end of November and they would like to go across to Meis from Kas for the day out.

Our visa's run out on the 15th December so would we be able to renew them sometime in the last week of November or first week of December?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Visa renewal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 15:57:27 PM »
You can get a new visa even if your old one's got 89 days left to run. They'll never refuse to take your money.

Don't forget that you'll need 15 Euros per person for the visas. They don't like Sterling at Kas .

Also be aware that new, reduced, Duty Free allowances came into force yesterday.

http://www.todayszaman.com/tz-web/news-189262-customs-law-tougher-against-smuggling.html
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 16:01:18 PM by KKOB »

Offline philrose

Visa renewal
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 05:07:52 AM »
Is'nt it strange that while the new law clearly states that the limit is now 2 boxes of cigaretes, the notices on he Rhodes - Marmaris ferry interperates this as 2 packets! :o

Offline Gary-O

Visa renewal
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 14:53:11 PM »
Do you think you would get away with 2 boxes off a 1,000 ????

Offline Linda1953

Visa renewal
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 15:04:56 PM »
KKOB you cant always get a new visa even if youve got 5-12 days left to run. I went ages ago to Bulgaria and I had about 5 days left and they told me this was enough for me.  They pretended they didnt understand anything I said and told me to get back on the coach minus my new visa despite waving the 15 euro in their faces an asking for a new visa in limited Turkish. That was a nasty experience for me.  People up here avoid the Bulgarian run for this reason now. Why they are like this Ive no idea.  Maybe because the police are not getting a back hander up there like they do in other places.  Needless to say I have residency now but that was  my experience.  Yes Fethiye is much easier and more pleasant.

Offline Dempava

Visa renewal
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 16:27:32 PM »
Well! Now I'm confused now and still not got a positive answer, but I do know how many cigs I could bring back if I smoked!!!
How often these topics soon wander off on to something entirely different!!!!

Offline philrose

Visa renewal
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:45:10 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Dempava

Well! Now I'm confused now and still not got a positive answer, but I do know how many cigs I could bring back if I smoked!!!
How often these topics soon wander off on to something entirely different!!!!

I Think KKOB answered your question within 30 minutes of your post:D
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:45:44 AM by philrose »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Visa renewal
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 07:17:15 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda1953

KKOB you cant always get a new visa even if youve got 5-12 days left to run. I went ages ago to Bulgaria and I had about 5 days left and they told me this was enough for me.

The original question that I answered was about getting a new Tourist Visa at Kas via Meis / Kastelorizo NOT via the Bulgarian / Turkish border. :D

I wouldn't reply to a question about doing the Bulgarian Visa Run because I haven't had first hand experience of it.

Offline Dempava

Visa renewal
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 07:18:02 AM »
Yes and I appreciated his quick response but 20 days later Linda1953 contradicted his response. So who's correct? Can you renew your visa at any time or not? Thats all I'd like to know.
But as now I'm no wiser!!

Offline philrose

Visa renewal
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 07:24:07 AM »
Yes from personal experience you can! :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf