Author Topic: Pool Pump Burn Out  (Read 4177 times)

Offline MelekMatt

Pool Pump Burn Out
« on: August 01, 2010, 17:31:11 PM »
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on the continual problem we have with our pool pump?

We have owned a villa in Ovacik for just over four years which was a new build Nicholas property. Every year since we have had the property, the pool pump has burnt out and had to be repaired, which is not only expensive but annoying for guests when we rent the villa.

The wiring all over the villa is'nt great, and the electrical cabinet under the pool looks far from professional. I am by no means an electrician, but I think the burnouts may be due to the voltage drops we suffer from time to time particularly during the busy season.

Does anyone else suffer from the same problem, or do you have any advice on how we can avoid this going forward?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt.

Offline tonysue

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 18:38:08 PM »
I would stop thinking about what it could be and get an electrician to check it out quick. please dont take chances with pools and electricity- a lethal combination. A lot of people use Bayram the electrician who works at the state hospital in Calis, he is very good, fast, clean and very resonable prices. I am sure somebody has his number, unfortunately mine is in Turkey.

Offline busybee

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 18:53:46 PM »
Bayrams number is 0535 2392 334

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 23:12:11 PM »
We had this happen to us once and it was caused by a surge of electric. Not only did the power surge damage the pump,it also wrecked a number of electrical items in the house causing 2k worth of damagw.  Without stating the obvious you need to get an electrician in. The way some pools have been built in Turkey the pump room is a likely place to finish up getting electrocuted.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 23:19:08 PM »
we recommend bayram he does alot of work on the pool on our complex and for us personally

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 23:32:20 PM »
Do you know that the pump has burnt out, or are you being told this??  I was just wondering if someone might be on to a nice little earner by claiming the pump has burnt out when it is fine in reality.

Offline captainjon

• Ignore - Total Dickhead
Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 06:56:23 AM »
Tha fact that it is failing every year may suggest no winter maintenance?Ours is removed after the season has finished,it gets cleaned, and greased and refitted the next year.We are in Calis,your pump in Ovacik will be exposed to lower winter temperatures.Is your winter servicing not being carried out or not at all, or not up to scratch.Just a thought.good luck

Offline mrkeith

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 07:28:10 AM »
Irregular voltage will help burn it out, air in the stystem will not do it much good, check the make and model, if it is a cheap nasty one change it, also check that it is the corect size for the pool and the pipework is the correct size both inlet and outlet.
The last bit is very important as if the pump is too small it will burn out quicker,and too smaller bore pipe work puts undue pressure on the pump. Itcould be a combination of all these things.

Offline jackstee

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 13:46:06 PM »
You may also find that they are just rewinding the motor.
This means it's probably more subceptable to a futher burn out.

Offline mrkeith

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 14:27:28 PM »
Well the poster sayis that the repairs are not expensive which would lead me to think that they are getting rewound motors n the pump

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf