Author Topic: Rain and Weather in general  (Read 3030 times)

Offline gemthehawk

Rain and Weather in general
« on: August 10, 2010, 13:45:48 PM »
Hello

Now I am not one to usually pay attention to BBC weather but over the past few weeks I have been checking what the weather is doing in Calis (as you do) and have noticed a lot of rainy days forecast.

Now I am not at all affected whether it rains or not but wanted to see whether, when it does, are we talking about a quick shower or a day of rain as BBC implies. This way I can look into some 'sheltered' less sunshine orientated days out in case it rains all day. Obviously if it's an occasional shower i can handle that, I'll just have to sit in a bar somewhere....shame!

Anyway i thought I'd just see what the weather has actually been doing and whether to completely ignore BBC as last week it forecast 4 days of rain!!! My head says it can't rain that much and is probably just showers (probably welcome ones). So does it really rain as much as BBC are saying?

Offline Julesp

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 14:26:00 PM »
Last week rain was forecast. But we had very little rain anywhere, I think, none where I live in Calis, my friend in Tasyaka had a 5 minute shower. Dont know how Uzumulu and the other places in the mountains fared, here everywhere seems to have its own little climate, it can be pouring down in 1 area and blue skies next door, anyhows we had a couple of days of overcast sky at times which made it very humid and hot!! Personally, rain was being prayed for!!

Offline Harmless

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 14:59:05 PM »
Hisaronu, Ovacik and OluDeniz had heavy rain, but, where I live, not a drop (much to my dismay.)

Offline brianthegardener

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 18:20:28 PM »
as Harmless said it did rain in Ovacik,Hisaronu and Oludeniz last week..it was heavy rain..but only for a couple of hours...then it was back to wall to wall sunshine and hot hot :D:D....the BBC cant get the forcast right in the UK...they have no chance here in Turkiye.:P

Offline hillside

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 18:37:27 PM »
It rained in Hisaronu once last week - on Friday morning - for 3 hours - the day we were going to our friends Wedding!! Never known anything like it in August and we've been visiting many many years in August! Luckily it dried up by 7PM but was very humid and cloudy for the photos.

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 19:00:02 PM »
I live near the Sunday market in Calis and there were at least 30 spots of rain the other day; apart from that, blistering sunshine.

Offline Julesp

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 19:43:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by maximumtom

I live near the Sunday market in Calis and there were at least 30 spots of rain the other day; apart from that, blistering sunshine.

I also live near Sunday Market, I must have dodged the drops cos didnt feel any!!:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf