Author Topic: Relief as visa rules changes shelved!  (Read 7821 times)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Relief as visa rules changes shelved!
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 20:16:28 PM »
thats fine gordon, i was born and bred in newcastle. labour since the year dot, but then decided there has to be something better than this so i left 45 years ago(still looking) but lets not get into politics, spoils a good forum, good to talk to you.

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 21:50:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

quote:
Originally posted by stoop

Found this though that 'cr*p' forum  :)

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=what-will-you-do-if-you-have-a-health-problem-2009-12-16

Note the bit about 'emergencies'. Seems those are covered anyway.

I wish certain people would leave other forums alone.  If it was that cr*p then how comes you have felt the need to copy information you found on there.  Can't there be more than one Turkish forum????

If you take the time to read the whole thread you will see that it wasn't me that called that forum 'cr*p' and that I was in fact being sarcastic.

I did take the time to read it and I have now taken the time to re-read it and the only person saying  "that cr*p forum", is you.

Tell me what I have missed when I read and re-read this topic.....

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 21:59:51 PM »
Our Turkish neighbour was saying he s dismayed that there isn't any organisation here to help Expats to know about what is required to live in this country.  Nothing to make things easier.  I sat thinking about this and thought that the nearest we have is forums like this.  Though very useful, you can see there are lots of differing opinions and somewhere in there is the truth about what this SGK insurance is all about.  What I am exasperated about is lack of involvement by the consulate.  What are they there for??

Also, if we have SGK and have an accident or collapse in the street.  Will we be whisked off to Esnaf and cop a huge bill??  How will THEY know we are on SGK if we are unable to tell them.....

Offline BM06

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 22:45:20 PM »
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}36909&whichpage=2  Here is the original post Rindaloo, hope that clears the misunderstanding up.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 23:03:44 PM »
Topic was merged into one - so I'll forgive you ;) This was the original post I was referring to:

tribalelder
Even Seniorer Member

Posted - 12 August 2010 :  09:43:53  

Nearly another £ Grand a year.....is this going to be the straw that breaks the camels back IF it is true that is.....can't find any reference on the site.....and as for the Forum what a load of Cr*p that seems to be. Please post if any one finds a reliable source to this information which is only a couple of months away.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 23:04:05 PM by stoop »

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2010, 00:22:14 AM »
Thanks BM06 (and Stoop).  Convoluted eh!!

As a matter of interest, we are going to arrange for this insurance now that we have had more info.  I brought this subject up early last year, or possibly late 2008.  We went to Vakif Bank twice and got nowhere. Turns out you make your payments there but the original set up can be arranged by Günes Atak.  I contacted her today and she will arrange it for us when I get back from UK.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 00:50:46 AM by Rindaloo »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2010, 13:06:43 PM »
Seems we have a new topic on the health insurance so maybe we should post on that one as it's a dedicated one. We can leave this one for the  Visa topic:

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}37061

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf