Author Topic: Visas (feel free to delete!)  (Read 3543 times)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
Visas (feel free to delete!)
« on: August 24, 2010, 18:47:51 PM »
I just can't find this information!  I really have tried to search for it!
I have managed to work out that these visas are on hold at the moment etc etc but we all have one of these 180 day visas in our passport from May and are coming back over next week.  Can we use it?  Are we going to be tutted at by the queue when we get to the desk?  Has anyone actually done this yet?  Or have we got to pay our tenner again!

Offline BM06

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 19:53:31 PM »
Pay a tenner again Lynne I am afraid.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 19:56:53 PM »
It's a damn good question though - she has an official visa stamp in her passport that she was required to pay for that says it covers any 90 days in the subsequent 180. On what grounds must she pay another tenner?

:D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 20:18:38 PM »
On the grounds that it's Turkey:D

Offline BM06

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 20:22:50 PM »
Good point Kieth, you could try it Lynne, good luck:D ;)

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 20:32:24 PM »
I don't care now about paying a tenner!  Scunner thought I had a damn good question!  Wow!

Seriously, surely someone must have tried it?

I am actually going to try - £30 is a fair few Efes'!!!

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 20:58:22 PM »
Lynne the official line is the new rules ie. 90 in 180 days has been shelved, the problem is they may let you in but then hammer you when you come  to fly out. I know when Mark and Tracey over ran their visa it was a hell of a lot more money than £30.
Mark

Offline lynne

• Birmingham, UK
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 21:30:04 PM »
You're right Mark - I never thought of the return journey.... (in fact, I still don't want to think about it!).
Guess we will pay up!
Thank you - as always!

Offline Megsy

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 22:25:59 PM »
I thought I was alright with my visa - I had the 180 day one from May. When I got to Dalaman yesterday with my 5 year old daughter (hubby having already gone home), we were stopped and then hauled round various parts of the airport for an hour, then charged £150 for the two of us.  It was a nightmare, particularly since we were only 2 days over the 90 days anyway.  It really is not worth taking the chance - trying to point the clear wording of the visa out to the pompous official was impossible, he did not want to know and just kept mentioning the police.  I understand now that I have to go to the Turkish consulate in London with my daughter and buy a visa in advance of my next trip, at a cost of £68 each, before we return in October.  I hvae just written to the Turkish Embassy to try and see if I can do anything about it because the change was only made whilst I was out there, so how was I supposed to know?  It was a valid visa when I entered the country.

Offline mikexpat

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Megsy

I thought I was alright with my visa - I had the 180 day one from May. When I got to Dalaman yesterday with my 5 year old daughter (hubby having already gone home), we were stopped and then hauled round various parts of the airport for an hour, then charged £150 for the two of us.  It was a nightmare, particularly since we were only 2 days over the 90 days anyway.  It really is not worth taking the chance - trying to point the clear wording of the visa out to the pompous official was impossible, he did not want to know and just kept mentioning the police.  I understand now that I have to go to the Turkish consulate in London with my daughter and buy a visa in advance of my next trip, at a cost of £68 each, before we return in October.  I hvae just written to the Turkish Embassy to try and see if I can do anything about it because the change was only made whilst I was out there, so how was I supposed to know?  It was a valid visa when I entered the country.

Megsy,you say it was a valid visa when you entered the country.The visa was for a maximum 90 days stay in a 180 day period,if you stayed 92 days how can you have any complaint about being fined for your overstay?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf