Author Topic: Turkish Email Friend - Help wanted  (Read 2454 times)

Offline Dippey

Turkish Email Friend - Help wanted
« on: January 13, 2005, 19:33:45 PM »
I am embarking on learning Turkish, I will be going to college (Marlow Lanuage Centre, Bucks) on Monday (17/1) to find out more and the cost. What I would like to do and if anyone else is interested to learn Turkish as well as me, is to correspond by email with another english person (female only i'm afriad, boyfriends orders):P.

At the beginning I thought we could start with the basics and introduce ourselves all in turkish.
(i.e I write down in english what i want to say and translate into Turkish and send you just the turkish bit.
 You translate into english, do your reply in english and translate in turkish and just send me the turkish,
 i translate your reply into english and reply back etc etc).
no rush once a week is fine. Does that make sence?

If you are interested please email me.  

Thks Ali

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 07:03:14 AM »
Merhaba

Remember Dippey that some of the folks on here are technophobes. To do Turkish properly you need your PC/Laptop setup for the Turkish alphabet.

Iyi Gunler

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 08:41:12 AM »
To add to KKOB's comment, it is not to difficult to change from one alphabet to another but I do have Windows XP which does make it easy.
Pete

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 10:24:36 AM »
Dippey,

What does your boyfriend think you're going to get upto when sending these messages?

Is he going to the classes to keep an eye on you too?

Is he Turkish?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »
Canalman,

Yes, I've got XP too, but it gets a bit messy if you have to keep changing over. Not so bad for us younger ones! LOL

Offline Dippey

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 11:12:18 AM »
OK OK, no technophobes please, just like to keep to basics and forget about grammar - we're talking absollute beginner here, i.e "I have a black cat" My name is Alison" etc. and yes my english is bad enough anyway.

BF, na he's just a typical guy, you know, see your "woman" chatting to other men next thing you know offered out for a drink and up for coffee!!LOL LOL. But I love him, wouldn't swop for anyone. It's true, I'll tell you the story how we ended up buying in Turkey. We went for a city break to prague one day EJ went to bed for an afternoon snooze, i sat in the hotel bar minding one's own business when two guys decided to get the courage and come over and talk to me. Chit chat led to property overseas and they mentioned that i should look around olu Deniz, that's how we ended up buying here. Anyway EJ came down saw me with two guys and just shook his head, i was on my second bottle of wine by then! Don't know if i'm just niave or dippey but i do get myself in situations sometimes.:D:D

Now if i could of written that all in turkish.........
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 11:49:01 AM by Dippey »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf