Author Topic: Your Views Would Be Appreciated  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Jake

Your Views Would Be Appreciated
« on: February 14, 2011, 21:03:38 PM »
We are considering having our balcony extended by Park Property Services. Has anybody had anywork done by this company if so would you recommend them.

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 21:28:03 PM »
I've not had dealings with the company. But I just wanted to say, that (if you haven't already...), make sure you go to the Belediye and ask about permission first. Alot of companies, and builders alike will tell you that they can do it, and it's not a problem. But if a complaint is made, (you are 'officially' altering the exterior plan of the property), then you as the home owner are liable for the fines etc that may occur at a later date.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 21:34:58 PM »
Indeed. Are you on the ground floor Jake? I can't remember.

Offline janmack

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:45:32 AM »
Park have been maintaining our complex for 3 years now and do loads of private work for owners.  Not only are they very professional and do an excellent job but Fatih is probably one of the nicest, most genuine guys I have ever had the pleasure of knowing since moving to Turkey.  I'd be surprised if he goes ahead with work without Belediye permission but, like Sunnyd says, probably best to check first.

Offline Jake

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 16:51:49 PM »
Thanks for your replies. We are on the first floor of the apartment block. The balconies have a wood open frame going from the outside of the balastrade to a curved edge following the lines of the apartments on the ground floor, it is the area were the wood is we want to remove the timber and infill the area to extend the balconies to the edge of the curve. One apartment has had this done and when the council inpected the complex for the issue of the Living Tapu they said nothing. Does this make any difference?

Jake

Offline sunnyd

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 19:35:17 PM »
no as there needs to be a complaint made, but if you are on the complex that I think you are, then the apartment that you mention did have a fine to pay after they extended their balcony, as there was no habitation certificate when the work was carried out.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf