Author Topic: Identity number  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Old Daffodil

Identity number
« on: April 17, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:28:37 AM by Daffodil »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Identity number
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 15:01:55 PM »
I don't want to open the box. Can I take the money instead ? ;) ;)

Offline jackstee

Identity number
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 16:25:39 PM »
As clear as anything explained in Turkey

Offline Eric

Identity number
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 17:11:07 PM »
And?????  The point is?

Offline Stressed Eric

Identity number
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:55:08 AM »
Can you get a ID number without having residency. My husband who only has a toutist visa at the moment needs to renew his car insurance and it appears he needs an ID number to do this. He wants to get his residency, but as he's only just entered Turkey on a new tourist visa, having been away, he's been told he can't even apply for his residency until a week before his 3 months tourist visa expires, and with it then taking around a month for the applications to come back, that would mean 4 months before he can insure the car.
If you definately need a residency to get an id number, does anyone know if you can still pay extra and get your residency in a day?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:57:08 AM by Stressed Eric »

Offline Old Daffodil

Identity number
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 07:44:08 AM »
Go to your local Muhtar and register your address with him by producing proof of where you live such as a tapu or rental agreement(photos also needed.)You  need photocopies of your passport too I think.The Muhtar will issue with a KONUTTA KALANLARAAIT KIMLIK BILDIRME BELGESI (FORM 5).This is your housing registration form. A tip is polite but it is a free service.

Take this to the Nufus office in Fethiye. The office is at the Kaymakamlik in  Fethiye between Migros and PTT. Just inside a man will issue you with your number,take this to room 3 for your number to be entered on the system.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 16:53:10 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Stressed Eric

Identity number
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
thank you so much Daffodil for the advise...we were getting quite worried at the prospect for upto 4 months over the summer without a car...its quite a hike to the dolmus stop !!

Offline Old Daffodil

Identity number
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 19:01:56 PM »
I hope that you are successful. Nothing is consistent in Turkey with regard to laws. Different companies have different software and it causes confusion.
 The ID number is useful to have though,you can shop online at Migros if you have a Migros Card(1 TL|)and a mobile phone number. They deliver.Not done it myself though but friends say it is ok. Best of luck :).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 19:03:51 PM by Daffodil »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf