Author Topic: Mobile Phone Advice please  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Carolyn1957

Mobile Phone Advice please
« on: April 18, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
Hi
We are moving over permanently next month and I am hoping to bring one of my UK contract phones over to get it registered for use on the Turkcell network.
I have a choice of an HTC Hero (T-mobile G1) android phone or a Blackberry Curve. The Blackberry is the newer. The G1 has an earlier android application.
I'm assuming if I get a 3g sim on contract I will be able to use one or other in Turkey. Is there one type of phone you would recommend in preference to the other?
Thank you

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 14:43:00 PM »
If it was me then I would use the blackberry, but that's me, I suppose it's a matter of choice as both will work in turkey, I would make sure whatever one you take with you, you get it unblocked therefore you can use it with any sim and any network, normally costs about £10 to unblock the phone here in the UK, don't take it to your network supplier A/ they may not do it, and B/ they may charge you and arm and a leg to do it as its a contract phone, also is the phone still theirs until your contract ends??? is your contract 12, 18, or 24 months and when did you start the contract???

Plus you can connect to any of the free WiFi networks in any of the cafes, just ask for their connection and password

Good luck with your move, I hope you enjoy your retirement to turkey

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 13:57:03 PM »
Thank you so much for your helpful and friendly advice and your good wishes - four weeks tomorrow  and we'll be there and I'm still pinching myself!

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 16:08:05 PM »
Good luck to you both hope you enjoy .:D:D:D ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn1957

Thank you so much for your helpful and friendly advice and your good wishes - four weeks tomorrow  and we'll be there and I'm still pinching myself!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 18:23:44 PM »
After a certain amount of time (one month or three I can't remember which) your phone will be blocked. You meed to register it here so bring proof of purchase.

iphones can only be registered here by a Turkish person but I am not sure about Blackberry!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf