Author Topic: Dalaman to Calis Beach - Shuttle Transfer  (Read 7516 times)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Dalaman to Calis Beach - Shuttle Transfer
« on: June 08, 2011, 09:24:28 AM »
As a single traveller I prefer to use a shuttle (unless I hire a car) as the cost of a private transfer for 1 tends to be a bit ott.

I had a shuttle booking with www.transfer4cheap.com which was confirmed by email with a print off voucher then I got an email to say sorry, we have no room on the bus, this on the day I travel!

Have just booked with www.transferonly.com for £18 return, will update this after I've done the return journey to let you know how it went. Having spoken to the lady on the phone (via Skype to a UK number at no cost to me) this always puts my mind at rest instead of an email booking, even in this modern age of electronic communication!

Goodbye Brighton, hello Calis, mine's an Efes!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:05:48 AM by Supacabby »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:08 AM »
That's transfer4cheap of my list then. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:05:43 AM »
He'll probably end up on the same bus as he booked initially :D

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 10:07:17 AM »
Probably Keith but at least I'll have a confirmed seat & enjoyed a nice chat with an Irish lady in Marmaris to boot!

Offline posleeds

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 14:29:14 PM »
Not to be confused with Tranfers4U

http://www.transfers4u.com/

with whom both myself, friends & family have used many times & can highly recommend for transfers if travelling alone - less than £15.00 for return transfer from Dalaman airport to the Fethiye area - part of the Thomas Cook group.

Offline braveheart

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 15:04:19 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by posleeds

Not to be confused with Tranfers4U

http://www.transfers4u.com/

with whom both myself, friends & family have used many times & can highly recommend for transfers if travelling alone - less than £15.00 for return transfer from Dalaman airport to the Fethiye area - part of the Thomas Cook group.

Interesting - I never thought of such a transfer booking

How does it work?

Do they have a kiosk in Dalaman Airport or do they display a board similar to the regular transfer drivers?

Whereabouts do they drop you off (say in Calis) is to your door or whatever

On the return leg where will they pick you up (in Calis)?

I could not find a one-way option - is there one?

Regards

Bob

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 15:09:06 PM by braveheart »

Offline mibur

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 16:26:21 PM »
Most "shuttle transfer" will drop you at a hotel only. They are not allowed to drop you off or pick you up from a private apartment/villa.
I have used "Shuttle transfers" when travelling alone, purely for cost reasons. The first time I was the only person on the flight that had booked a shuttle transfer to Calis. The driver was waiting for me at the bottom of the ramp as promised. He took me straight to our apartment and it was the same driver who came back for me to take me back to Dalaman. Door to door service at a fraction of the cost of a private transfer. However, this was purely a "one off" the second time I booked they would only drop me and pick up at the Pelin Hotel, as there were a number of people travelling on the same shuttle service. No big deal because it is only a five minute walk to our apartment from there. Not sure if there is a one way option but I would imagine it is possible to book just one way.

Offline braveheart

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 05:43:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by mibur

Most "shuttle transfer" will drop you at a hotel only. They are not allowed to drop you off or pick you up from a private apartment/villa.
I have used "Shuttle transfers" when travelling alone, purely for cost reasons. The first time I was the only person on the flight that had booked a shuttle transfer to Calis. The driver was waiting for me at the bottom of the ramp as promised. He took me straight to our apartment and it was the same driver who came back for me to take me back to Dalaman. Door to door service at a fraction of the cost of a private transfer. However, this was purely a "one off" the second time I booked they would only drop me and pick up at the Pelin Hotel, as there were a number of people travelling on the same shuttle service. No big deal because it is only a five minute walk to our apartment from there. Not sure if there is a one way option but I would imagine it is possible to book just one way.

Thanks for the information mibur - think I will give it a go next time I am back (Pelin would be OK for me too - or Seril)

Regards

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 07:23:03 AM »
Bob: Come out the airport, down the ramp & right in front of you is the shuttle transfer desk, my bus was waiting for me & dropped me at Nevada Sue which is 2 mins walk for me. You must ring & confirm the return the day before you travel. Can confirm my shutle last night was trouble free, will add www.transferonly.com to my safe list, for now!

Offline posleeds

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 07:29:01 AM »
Braveheart...Transfers4u don't do one way transfers..you have to book a return unfortunately, then cancel or confirm the return trip a couple of days before you are due to travel.  But at less than £15.00 it's still good value even if you only go one way.
Book on-line, print the voucher off then present it at the kiosk at the bottom of the slope at Dalaman airport.  They guarantee you won't wait for more than 30mins for a transfer - so far true to word.  They only drop off & pick up from hotels.
A really good service & well organized.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf