Author Topic: Langocity  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Julesp

Langocity
« on: July 31, 2011, 22:57:56 PM »
Some months back I saw an advertisement for this Language learning course on Facebook, It sounded good but I was a little wary as they dont give you a preview of the course so that you can see what you are paying for. Anyway as it seemed to be quite famous with lots of publicity I decided to buy, I think it was just under 40 GBp to download so not too expensive and as I am always looking at new ways to learn Turkish. I paid by Paypal. It is absolute rubbish, from 1966 USA government training! Of course I complained and asked for my money back but because it was a download I had no luck, even with Paypal mediating [:(!]

Anyway Ive now found its been free all the time on the internet the link is here if you would like to try it
http://fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php

I e mailed Langocity to ask why they charged me for something that the US government made available to all for free They have closed all communications to me and have not replied

If you want to learn Turkish by all means if it suits your style of learning follow my link But DO NOT Pay Langocity because that is all you will receive

Offline screamlead

Langocity
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 06:28:10 AM »
There are a lot of those scam sites out there. They 'buy' the resale rights off someone else including the fancy looking web pages that look 'pro - ish!'. A few include - work from home - fishing books/gear - to business secrets etc - all scam type stuff with pay now earn a fortune but never any follow up or contact. Avoid at all costs.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Langocity
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
Hi Jules, I downloaded all the FSI course and printed off all the book work that goes with it. If its any consolation it filled several cd's and 2 a4 folders and lots of ink.
40gbp is a bit steep but I would have happily paid something rather than all the hours I spent.
It is actually one of the best resources I've used, stick with it.
FSI was designed to get the servicemen fluent asap.
If you play it in the background at every opportunity you will be surprised how much you retain.
You've reminded me to get mine out again & I wish the printouts werent so huge so I could bring them back with me.
Good luck!  

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Langocity
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
Sorry..... didn't read your original post properly.....they only gave you the link not the disks and manuals.
That's terrible! Keep battling with them to get your money back.

Offline Julesp

Langocity
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 21:13:17 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by kayakebab

Sorry..... didn't read your original post properly.....they only gave you the link not the disks and manuals.
That's terrible! Keep battling with them to get your money back.

Yes Just the link to download No manuals You get exactly the same as the FSI website So do not pay!!
By the way My Turk boyfriend laughed at the Turk language Its like us learning Queens English from 1950 !!

Offline Kirkcaldy

Langocity
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 21:24:46 PM »
Hi Julesp
This is possibly a bit naughty, :o but if you want  really good Turkish learning cd,s. Register on the download site called. [DELETED].  When you have registered with them, "it,s free".
search for Pimsleur Turkish. Start with lessons 1-10. They are the best I have seen so far. Dont try to download rosetta stone, it wont work unless you are logged on to their own website.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Langocity
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 21:32:13 PM »
Sorry Kirkaldy but linking to and/or promoting illegal download sites is not permitted - this you will find to be the case on most UK based discussion forms.

Offline Julesp

Langocity
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 21:59:30 PM »
I dont need links to illegal download sites I have lessons with Ilknur, Rosie on here and she is very goodm but I am always looking on how to learn Turkish Langocity looks very professional in their advertising I just wanted to warn others that if they want to learn Turkish Dont pay Langocity You can download it free

Offline Kirkcaldy

Langocity
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 21:31:04 PM »
Ok. Apologies to all concerned.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf