• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Beware
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 17:06:35 PM »
Great idea yes, any takers no.

Offline kizkucuk

Beware
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 20:42:48 PM »
Hi Sus - They trade as themselves - just using the surname - there is him and his brother, a couple of nephews, and some cousins - he is the only one who speaks English - you can contact me via my profile or contact him by telephone 0543 945 0845 his name is Jay - all building and decorating work undertaken including painting, ceramics, floors, walls, plastering, new kitchens, bathrooms etc......... they do refurbishment and new build - they are able to help with design and planning and work with two local architects - no job too small. They work across the whole area - Dalaman, Gocek, Uzumlu, Kizibel, Faralya, KayaKoy as well as more locally - not come across many jobs where he has not been able to beat the price :-)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Beware
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 20:48:37 PM »
So the thread you started ("Beware") warning people about dodgy builders ends in a full, no corners cut free advert for your partner's non-dodgy building company - smooth work that!

Offline kizkucuk

Beware
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 21:12:45 PM »
Keith
1) I think your idea for a three quote system is a great one
2) Sus said they might need a quote for work in the future - there is no point in contacting people for a quote to do work they don't undertake hence me including everything I could think of in my response
3) Sadly I have spent yet another afternoon today listening to another english lady's tale of how she's given a pile of money to a builder this time in Calis who just hasn't done the job she wanted or paid for and has had my husband in to quote to put the work right.

I wish I could name and shame the people responsible  - but the consequences if you cross people here are too great to deal with - I can't risk my property and the well being of my husband to start a one woman crusade. The law is certainly not going to do anything - and the people responsible are happy to walk away and start grooming their next victim.    

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf