Author Topic: window shutters&brick BBQ  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Chezaroonie

window shutters&brick BBQ
« on: March 25, 2005, 14:13:16 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get wooden shutters for Balcony doors and windows?My appartment is in Kalkan but I think it may be best for me to buy in Fethiye.Are they expensive?Also has anyone had a BBQ built ,I have had a quote for £500 it would be cheaper to fly a brickie out from the U.K at this price.

Offline Susie

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 07:40:07 AM »
I would also like to know if anyone knows where we can get wooden shutters made for windows and doors in the Fethiye/Calis area.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 12:56:02 PM »
We had a brick bbq built at our house in Ovacik last year and cost £400. It is a fancier affair than you would get in UK, and is exellent for cooking on.The turks use raw onion to "sterilise" the grill, don't know if it really works but doesn't do any harm!

Offline Carpete

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 17:01:50 PM »
Re: shutters. Go to Ciftlik village. Turn left (see other postng on driving!!!!!) at the escanze up the lane towards Cicek and the back of Telmessos. Over the new Dalaman road that is not in use. Straight on as if going to Cicek and  on on the right hand side is a wooden shed. Good carpenter who makes all sorts of stuff and his phone no. is on the fence. Do negotiate though, my stair gates went from silly to £10 each very quickly when I walked! A very good job done though.

Offline stuart

• Professional Spammer
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 20:14:51 PM »
no wonder us brits get accused of pushing the prices up here a bank manager gets about 400 pounds a month salary, and 30 pounds material, bricks and mortar + grill for a good barbie, doesnt seem to add up!!

Offline What

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 03:13:15 AM »
£400 for a BBQ!!! Did they provide a full-time chef with it for that price? I think they put the decimal point in the wrong place.

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 22:14:19 PM »
Will any of you be surprised if I say that Hanel supplied the bbq? We also paid three grand for our wardrobes....talk about green behind the ears!We did query the prices,but when time is short-the greedy boys swoop in !!!

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 06:31:25 AM »
chezaroonie,calis's resident brickie here if you fly me out i,ll build it for you and i will chuck in a few steaks .i,ll do it for £490 plus vat(very attractive tan).last time i built one i drank to much raki ,i had to go back and rebuild it because the sausages kept rolling off.lol

hope you get it sorted

marcus:D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2005, 19:37:38 PM by brummyboy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf