Author Topic: Rain Again  (Read 8709 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Rain Again
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »
a bit worse than the norm but the worst seem to be over now

Offline WendyA

Rain Again
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
Good - glad for you living in it and for my poor new villa, which seems to have got very wet, inside and out!!

Offline micky mouse

Rain Again
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »
Weather predicted for the south east of the uk on thursday 19c possibly a high of 63 barmy.Monday morning this week -2 crazey.Out to my villa on the 27th,April for 8weeks may get a tan before i get out there this year.Now there talking about a hose pipe ban next month as we have had the lowest rain fall for over 30years it must be all over turkey so please keep the rain there for a bit longer sorry folks,keep dry.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rain Again
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 14:19:16 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by WendyA

Good - glad for you living in it and for my poor new villa, which seems to have got very wet, inside and out!!

Do you mean your brand new villa is wet inside already - or new to you?

Offline WendyA

Rain Again
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 14:37:54 PM »
Newly built villa wet! This was  partly due to leaking windows and roof (now fixed! By developer), but mainly due to blocked drain on balcony - storm rains then flowed into bedroom, onto landing and down the stairs!  Think things are drying out now, though...seen photos this morning.  Bit sad for my first winter!  Hope it doesn't happen again!

Offline julesbob0303

Rain Again
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 15:12:00 PM »
Aww poor you, that's exactly what has happened in our apartment.  Hopefully, it is in the process of being dried out/repaired/repainted etc by the insurers, though they have gone very quiet, after promising us a phone call last week which never happened.   :o

Hope your villa has been sorted now Wendy.   ;)

Offline WendyA

Rain Again
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 17:11:14 PM »
Thanks, Jules -  drying out now, I think - had 82 photos this morning!  Who are you insured with?  I'm with Intersure.  Good luck with your place - hope you didn't have too much damage.  Have you found out whether there is anything we can do to stop it happening again?  Anyone else know?  I'll look into this when we go back out.  Anyway, best of luck with your clear-up operation...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rain Again
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 17:52:45 PM »
Surely this will be covered by the builder. Didn't you get ANY guarantee of workmanship? Their windows and doors leaked in the first year and you have to make a claim on your insurance? Seems a pretty poor new build to me!

Offline WendyA

Rain Again
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 18:11:57 PM »
Thanks, yes, the builder is covering the problems with windows and roof, but not the balcony issue!  There's a  5 yr guarantee on the developer's work, but I can't hold them responsible or the blocked drain - unfortunately!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Rain Again
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 18:42:19 PM »
Well good luck with working out which water damage came from the roof/windows and which came from the blocked drain on the balcony  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf