Author Topic: SGK  (Read 13538 times)

Offline Evie

SGK
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 14:34:57 PM »
If you register any time after 1st Jan you have to pay backdated payment from and including Jan 2012.

Offline cinders

SGK
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 15:07:03 PM »
Does not seem quite fair since, had you needed hospital treatment you would have ? been refused  because you were not on the register OR would you have been reimbursed: :)
PS I know. I know this IS Turkey lol C

Offline grizabella

SGK
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 15:45:33 PM »
is the cost for a single person still the same for a married couple?

Offline Evie

SGK
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 16:29:32 PM »
yes same price

Offline jonuzumlu

SGK
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:00:30 AM »
My meandering through three Government Banks,the Kaymakan's office and the SGK office this morning inclines me to confirm Evie's account of how payment should be made.
I was unable to pay but apparently those who registered prior to Jan 25th are now on the system and the rest of us should appear before the end of February.
This assumes that we have completed our registration forms correctly!

I am aware that some forum members have become stressed and frustrated by this  issue.

I have decided to regard it as a positive way of spending my days in retirement as it provides a welcome break from endless days golfing at the Sarigerme links or sailing from Dalaman marina  ;)

Offline LeeGlo

SGK
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 17:17:12 PM »
I just want to say thanks Evie for all that useful information. BTW I wasn't questioning your post on the "other" forum, just that I didn't know then if you were in Fethiye or elsewhere. Thanks again, we'll go in on Monday and see if they have us on board, if so we'll have to raid the piggy bank and go pay our dues.

Offline Denton

SGK
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »
This has probably been covered somewhere before but I cannot find it.  Can you pay your SGK by direct debit, or do you have to hand over the cash at Zirrat Bank.  If we opened a current account at Zirrat Bank where a direct debit could be taken from, then that would be a lot easier.  Also does anyone know if the due date for payments are taken on just one day a month (say the lst of each month), or at any time in the month.
Thank you.

Offline Evie

SGK
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »
Asked at Garanti Bank and HSBC and at SGK and all said no direct debit facility available yet but hopefully once system under way then direct debit system may be set up. Don't know about if you bank with Zirrat

LeeGlo let me know how you get on and whether you have to pay the full month of January as I did even though I didn't register until 23rd Jan.Seems to vary in different areas of Turkey.

Offline LeeGlo

SGK
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 10:16:41 AM »
Evie, yes I noticed people in other areas saying they had only paid back to registration date. Another case of different places different interpretations - I do wish they'd all sing from the same sheet !!  I'll post next week to let you know how we got on.

Offline quackers

SGK
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 06:50:57 AM »
I pay at Vakif Bank we do not hve an account there. When we joined we had to make payments back to the 1st of the month, even though we joined on the 10th of the month.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf