Author Topic: Shanghai Blues  (Read 15141 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Shanghai Blues
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 07:49:03 AM »
He said there would be a new Calis menu, but only because the phone numbers are different if you want to phone through an order for a delivery service, no mention of price reduction!

Price wise, all chicken dishes were 11.50tl, beef dishes 16.90 to 18.90, all Lamb dishes 18.90, seafood dishes mostly 20.90, duck dishes 37.90 to 39.90. Vegetable dishes 9.50!! All rice noodles etc, extra on top average 8.00, starters average 6.00.

A chicken meal with starter, main, a veg and rice around  35tl

Ohh!! and Efes 5tl:D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:51:36 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline philrose

Shanghai Blues
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 08:22:39 AM »
Well as I said the information was through a 3rd party so he may have misunderstood. Hopefully I will be giving it a try tonight so I will see if I can get some clarification :)

Offline tony

Shanghai Blues
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 08:48:51 AM »
Have tried this place out a number of times. Unfortunately Ive never come out feeling satisfied. Portions are in the just enough bracket.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Shanghai Blues
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »
We dont know why everyone raves about Shanghai Blue In Hisaronu. We have been twice and found it bland and not good portions. Give me a good Indian meal any day. I really wish that someone would open a really good English style Indian takeaway. There would be queues down the road. Mmmm. Rogan josh.

Offline busybee

Shanghai Blues
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 20:47:18 PM »
Think if the portions arent big enough we should just tell them.  Its a new venture and hopefully they wont want to loose customers. I am not a happy bunny unless I'm full up:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Shanghai Blues
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 21:16:00 PM »
We have eating at this restaurant in Hisaronu a number of times and we have always enjoyed it. Never found the portions too small there. It has a nice atmosphere and lovey views over the mountains.   We usually have a starter and main course, but no room for a dessert. As they have two Chefs from Hong Kong we have always thought the food to be very authentic.  Looking forward to seeing if the Calis branch matches up with the one in Hisaronu.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Shanghai Blues
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 07:19:26 AM »
According to the Shanghai menu they are from Shanghai!!

and thers's a wonderful view of the teachers hostel opposite!!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:21:05 AM by Diverbaz 1 »

Offline philrose

Shanghai Blues
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:13 AM »
We ate there last night. The restaurant area at the moment is quite small (4 tables) but they are expanding this to upstairs and into the area next door in the next few weeks. Food was very good, with decent sized portions and the open style kitchen meant you could see your meal being prepared. Total bill for starters mains and wine for 2 people 58TL. The only thing we did point out to the manager there was that although the servings were piping hot they could do with warming the plates before serving which he agreed he would be a good idea.
I would certainly be comming back but would probably use the take away option untill they have the restaurant side finished.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Shanghai Blues
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 15:43:50 PM »
Baz, There is a sign at the one in Hissy that has a picture of the Chefs and a blurb saying they are from Hong Kong.  In fact, we where told that on the first visit we made.  So perhaps they have a new Chef?
Phil, Thanks for that sounds good.  However, is there any place in Calis or Fethiye that give you food on hot plates? It's always been a pet hate of mine that food is serviced on freezing cold plates, you sit outside, perhaps in a breeze and the food gets cold very quickly.  One reason my husband orders sizzling meals down at the prom so they stay hot!!  It would definitely be a plus for us if some of these restaurants got a plate warmer.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Shanghai Blues
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2012, 16:12:24 PM »
I think it's quite amazing that a restaurant manager would be grateful for advice to serve meals on warm plates. Surely any restaurant manager wouldn't need to be advised of such a basic idea. I know it isn't exactly widespread in the Fethiye area but surely the idea hasn't avoided him entirely till the 18th of March 2012!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf