Author Topic: Misha & Tom  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Karen Kaya

Misha & Tom
« on: April 09, 2012, 19:33:23 PM »
I will be running the Virgin London Marathon on 22nd April raising funds for Misha & Tom via Born Free. If anyone would like to sponsor me you can by visiting virginmoneygiving.com/KarenPritchard. Thank you!

Offline lindylou42

Misha & Tom
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
Hi Karen,
Well done to you and it's people like you that are true heroes who give time for very important issues that we all should be aware of.  I had been made aware of the initial plight of Misha & Tom originaly on this discussion forum by the angels and I then felt I had to contact my MEP ,Tourism Minister, Boris Johnson and my friends who often go to Turkey & Holiday companies and tourists.

Offline Karen Kaya

Misha & Tom
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 21:23:36 PM »
Thanks Lindylou!  Well done to you too for contacting so many and spreading the word.  I originally heard about Misha & Tom via The Angels on this forum too. I remember boarding my flight to Dalaman in September 2010 armed with leaflets & newspaper copies showing the dolphin's plight.  On arrival at the hotel I spoke to guests round the pool & handed out the literature. That night I cried with happiness when I read on the forum "The news we've all been praying for....."      I've been passionate about ending the captive dolphin trade ever since - that will keep me going when times get hard during the 26.2 miles!

Offline lindylou42

Misha & Tom
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
Good luck for the day and we will be there to cheer on weary souls like you!

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Misha & Tom
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 13:23:14 PM »
Good luck Karen, I have posted your link and info on Facebook and Caroline Gillings from the FOD FB group will be there in the crowd to cheer you on...  :)

Offline Karen Kaya

Misha & Tom
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 19:07:10 PM »
Thanks very much both of you for your support - it means a lot! Will keep a look out for Caroline on the big day.

Offline Karen Kaya

Misha & Tom
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 19:14:27 PM »
A big thank you to Chris for your generous sponsorship.  I never met Soo but I know she was a wonderful lady.

Offline Karen Kaya

Misha & Tom
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 21:25:28 PM »
Nichola, Thank you so much for sponsoring me, I really appreciate it.

Offline Karen Kaya

Misha & Tom
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 12:27:25 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am pleased to say that I finished the London Marathon and sponsorship looks like it will reach over £800 for Misha & Tom.  Due to excruciating leg cramps my target of 5 hours disappeared rapidly and I crossed the finish in 6:00:22.  Knowing I was helping Born Free kept me going.  A huge Thank You to everyone who sponsored me!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Misha & Tom
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 12:29:12 PM »
Excellent! well done Karen ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf