Author Topic: G. P. registration system  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Dutchie

G. P. registration system
« on: July 21, 2012, 14:29:09 PM »
In a previous post, I've already mentioned something about the registration system that we have set up for people living in Ovacik/Hisaronu/Kaya/Tasyaka and Deliktas.

Nicola suggested a new topic for this, so here it is  :D

My husband - Tolga Yemişen - is an English speaking GP and has his own surgery in Ovacik.
Patients can come for a consultation to the surgery but house visits are also possible.

In order to make the house visits easier, and especially in case of an emergency, we have set up a registration system. We have fridge magnets with our contact details and an unique registration number. This number will be linked to your address so in case of an emergency, it will only be a matter of mentioning the number instead of trying to explain where you live. It could save precious time, especially with tourists in rental properties since it is extra hard for them to describe where the property is.

If you are interested in registering, you can visit us in the surgery. It is on Ataturk cad 146/A, about 150 metres before the Hisaronu market, on the right hand side of the road (opposite Ramos Hotel).

Registering is free of charge and there are no strings attached.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: G. P. registration system
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 23:39:47 PM »
I will share this topic on my FB profile as I am sure people will find this service useful   :)

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 14:09:16 PM »
Thanks Nichola, very kind of you.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 17:33:21 PM »
Dutchie you may be interested to know that via my FB post at least one person in Ovacık is interested in this scheme and also someone else was asking if something like this operates in the Çaliş area?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 20:54:54 PM »
If you hear of anyone Nichola in the Calis area hubby and I would like to join. We would join the one Dutchie's hubby is offering but is is not near enough to us but certainly sounds like a great offer Dutchie  :)

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
At the moment there's no such system in Calis but friends of my husband are actually looking into the possibilty of opening a practice in Calis and if they do, they will implement the same system.

Thanks for your support Nichola. Already a lovely couple came and registered with us (they had read it here) but hopefully they will never need to use it.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »
I think it is an excellent idea and wondered if it could be extended to cover renters - there are of course many accidents, illnesses and sunstrokes affecting people who may only be there for a week or two on holiday. I think it would be a real benefit to property owners renting out if they could put info in their rental information pack, and a magnet on the fridge. Of course it would need to be the owner who would register, not the holiday makers.

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 13:22:13 PM »
It already covers rental properties.  It is good for the rentals since the tourists quite often have no idea where they are. Especially private villa's in Ovacik can cause problems because there are many "yellow buildings with a pool" (as somebody tried to describe where he was staying).

Owners can come and sign up and like I wrote before, it's free of charge and no strings attached.

From residents we take notes about medication they are using and/or illnesses they may have but for rental properties we only note that it concerns a rental.

Last week we even had a renter signing up for the property they were staying in. Their son had slipped around the wet pool and needed to be stitched up. When we explained the system, he signed up immediately and said that he would inform the owner (who happened to be his sister  8) )

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 14:01:44 PM »
I also agree...excellent idea

One for Calis/Fethiye please!

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 14:57:31 PM »
Good idea, how much is it per consultation/visit?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf