Author Topic: Driving Licence validity - advice from the DVLA  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Diverbaz 1

Re: Driving Licence validity - advice from the DVLA
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 08:33:57 AM »

Surely asking Koray Atak or Yacup Yilmaz to get the law number from the  Head of Traffic Police, would clear up this discussion once and for all.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 08:12:19 AM »
Posted elsewhere:

Hello, At the recent British Consulate meeting here in Didim and Akbuk it was announced that you do not have to have a Turkish driving licence now BUT you must have your UK card licence translated and notarised in Turkey and carry this translation with you in your car/wallet. The British Consulate also said that if any insurance company refused to insure you or charge you more because you don't have a Turkish licence then this is wrong according to the Turkish Highway Driving Law (don't know the exact name) and its article 40 section G. For more information I would e-mail the British Consulate for more information.

So if you have a UK card license no matter whether you should or not it would appear that if it is translated then you are OK.

I wonder f they translate the expiry date near the picture ???

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Carolyn1957

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:16 AM »
That is fine as long as someone got / renewed their UK photocard licence before coming to live in Turkey and as long as they attain the age of 70 within 10 years or less of getting that photocard licence in the UK. The email from DVLA states they would be unable to issue a further British Licence to anyone who resides overseas for the greater part of the time.

Changes to British legislation resulting in the implementation of the Second EC Directive on Driving Licences (91/439/EEC) since 1 January 1997, have required that driving licences are granted only to drivers who are resident in this country.

Their words not  mine!

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
Driving Licence validity - advice from the DVLA
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 11:31:51 AM »
Has anyone had their UK photocard license translated and notorised recently - if so any useful contact and guide price ?

Offline Firo

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »
Posted elsewhere:

Hello, At the recent British Consulate meeting here in Didim and Akbuk it was announced that you do not have to have a Turkish driving licence now BUT you must have your UK card licence translated and notarised in Turkey and carry this translation with you in your car/wallet. The British Consulate also said that if any insurance company refused to insure you or charge you more because you don't have a Turkish licence then this is wrong according to the Turkish Highway Driving Law (don't know the exact name) and its article 40 section G. For more information I would e-mail the British Consulate for more information.

So if you have a UK card license no matter whether you should or not it would appear that if it is translated then you are OK.

I wonder f they translate the expiry date near the picture ???

Thank you we rest our case.....

Offline Ian

• Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 13:27:15 PM »
I thought you might  :))

I agree with you - you can look for reasons to complicate this but basically if you still have your UK photo card license - forget how or why you have it - then this appears to cover your particular requirements  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf