Author Topic: Aegean restaurant Ovacik  (Read 3681 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Aegean restaurant Ovacik
« on: January 29, 2013, 13:49:02 PM »
On Sunday 4 of us went for roast at the Aegean in Ovacik.
Beautiful homemade soup, choice of lamb, beef, chicken, pork or turkey, Yorkshire pudding, choice of 6 vegetables, gravy, all the relevant sauces etc.
Puddings were lovely, plum pie, apple crumble, tiramisu or bread and butter pudding, all homemade, we all had something different and everything was cooked to perfection, and served on hot plates.
Absolute bargain, 12tl, 15tl for lamb, 18 tl for pork.

Anyway, I wrote our positive experience on the Fethiye and surrounding area good food guide, and it vanished.
I emailed the admin and they said they would find out why and let me know.
Didn't hear anything, so posted again today, and have now received is message:

Hi Linda,

We have removed a few negative comments about the Aegean so it is unfair to allow a positive comment about the restaurant. We have taken the decision not to feature any comments related to the restaurant. I hope this clarifies why your comments were removed.

Best Regards,

Louise

WTF !!!!!!!!

I refuse to be policed like this, and have asked to be removed from the group.

Just ridiculous!

Anyway, go and find out for yourselves.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Aegean restaurant Ovacik
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 13:52:17 PM »
I'm so sorry, we will have to delete this. Positive reviews have no place in a discussion forum. Neither do negative reviews - please can members keep their reviews in the average/indifferent/can't complain sort of area :D

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Aegean restaurant Ovacik
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 14:06:41 PM »
Oops sorry, silly me...

Offline joannasal

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:34:33 AM »
I was also removed from the same group because I said a restaurant 'would not be my choice'. Like you I queried it and what followed on from that was that every FB group I was a member of that had the same admin, not only removed me but also banned me! Once I got over the surprise, I actually thought it was quite amusing that you have groups that want feedback, but you are not allowed to voice an opinion unless it matches with the admin!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:26:11 AM »

I actually thought it was quite amusing that you have groups that want feedback, but you are not allowed to voice an opinion unless it matches with the admin!

That is what people often say about when they fall out with CBF but it is actually in my opinion the reason we are still here while so many others close. Admin and moderation is not a walk in the park, it can be very complex - but rule 1 is do not censor. I was involved in the estate business for many years and would dearly loved to have deleted all the posts praising Interturk, Lagoon Estates etc! - but it simply doesn't work and your credibility and forum/group won't survive.

Everyone agreeing with each other is no use either for discussion forums and groups. If people disagree with the admin here, I'll have a big argument with them, much the same as others would on here. And that's far more fun than deleting   :)

Offline Dutchie

Aegean restaurant Ovacik
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43:29 AM »
That is ridiculous Joanna.

I got banned from a FB group when the admin found out who my husband was.
A few years ago, they had a falling out over wood that he had sold us so apparently that can be a reason as well for not being welcome in a group.

Offline angela

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »
very sad how 'political correctness' is taken to such extremes these days, what kind of society are we becoming. No winners or losers but middle of the road is fine!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf