Author Topic: oykun hotel  (Read 6292 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: oykun hotel
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 13:26:17 PM »
Yes, we were offered the menu when we called up in the morning to collect our family and friends.  It all looked really nice.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 13:30:53 PM »
Very interesting - I've stayed in most of the popular Calis hotels and while the breakfasts have always been ok (and included in the room price), I've never had one that I could say I would have paid for. Must try the Oykun sometime (to stay, not to go for breakfast).

Offline marina

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 15:10:07 PM »
We used to stay at the Oykun until we decided we preferred an apartment and would certainly stay again.  The breakfasts are definitely some of the best we've ever had.  Chef is there every day to make fresh pancakes (yum!) or omlettes or will do fried eggs if you ask.    :)

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 16:58:57 PM »
i would recommend if you can ask to stay in the old/original block as the rooms are larger than the new block and most have a bath/shower....nice to have a choice..you really cannot beat the oyun lovely family run hotel...owners plus their son are all hands on..  :)  :)

Offline marina

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 17:10:45 PM »
Definitely agree there turkeysue - I was going to say that   ;)

Think the rooms are generally quieter at that side away from the dual carriageway and nicer bathrooms. 

Offline miaspyro

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 15:25:26 PM »
My daughter stayed there last year and they did packages, where you pay for your food for 2days 3 days and so on.  Worth giving the hotel an email they are very helpful
xx

Offline CAROL BROWNE

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 11:58:54 AM »
we stay at the oykun lovely breakfast there. lots to choice from very yummy

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »
Worth giving the hotel an email they are very helpful

Would certainly agree with that - one of just a tiny number of Calis hotels who bother to reply to emails.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 17:07:32 PM »
Have stayed at Oykun on two occasions,as everyone says the Drinks are comparable with everywhere else.Food is ok,but you have such an excellent array of restaurants on your doorstep with a far nicer view,its a shame to stay in. I don't know if the breakfast chef is still there,but he would cook an egg anyway you wanted it and one morning offered to fry me up some potatos to go with it as a remedy for a bad stomach. Guess what it worked a treat.  ;D ;D

Offline stephengoodall

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 17:49:33 PM »
hi, we have just arrived back from staying at the Oykun hotel for 2 weeks and it is an absolute fantastic place to stay. There was so much choice to eat at breakfast, the chef would cook your eggs any way you liked them, then there was the usual meats, cheeses, olives etc, we have never seen so many jams too choose from! The black cherry was to die for! The drinks and snacks from the bar were very reasonable priced,2.50 lira for a bottle of coke, sprite, Fanta  etc,1.50lira for a large bottle of water .We loved it that much we have already booked to go back next year in July/Aug for 2 weeks! Lovely ,spotless hotel.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf