Author Topic: Major Damp issued cured  (Read 14278 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Major Damp issued cured
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 18:29:41 PM »
I refer to the major works you have recently had done, not any use of stone. You posted that it had cured your damp, I wondered whether you should wait to see if that is correct before making such a claim.

Offline Harley

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 22:46:10 PM »
Fair enough Scunner....Please feel free to change my thread name to "One year on and damp free"  and I will give a yearly update.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 23:02:48 PM by Harley »

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2013, 08:24:26 AM »
I have followed this thread with interest, we don't have and never had the problem with damp, we have air bricks or vents like the UK.  Where are these villas, what age are they and do your neighbours have the same problems?

Offline Harley

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 09:23:35 AM »
I would say half of the properties are effected in some way, but not all.  Our other villa near the Sunday market is damp free. Luck of the draw I guess, but dont assume because its a new build it'll be damp free. A lot depends on how they are built and the materials used I guess.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 09:53:22 AM »
Fair enough Scunner....Please feel free to change my thread name to "One year on and damp free"  and I will give a yearly update.

You omitted to mention the important fact which is when this work was carried out so the assumption was it had just happened. Hence my comment that it might be a little early to call it 'cured'. A year on damp free makes it more impressive and would have been worth mentioning in the opening post.

I have heard good things about Paul Cherry from several different sources.

Offline Harley

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 13:24:42 PM »

You omitted to mention the important fact which is when this work was carried out so the assumption was it had just happened. Hence my comment that it might be a little early to call it 'cured'. A year on damp free makes it more impressive and would have been worth mentioning in the opening post.

I have heard good things about Paul Cherry from several different sources.

I did mention it was done last year in my opening thread. I'm sure I did lol.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 14:35:21 PM »
You did, I'm not questioning things for the sake of it, this is a major problem for some and a cure would be/is big progress. I remember the last guy, he came to see me with his magical injection system (which I told him wouldn't work, and it didn't). What I was driving at was exactly when it was done - last year could be 5 months ago and could be a year and a half ago. A full year of Calis torrential rain, punishing heat etc would be a decent period of time to judge it over.

Offline Harley

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 16:40:34 PM »
Yes I see your point... It was completed in August.  We know there was major rain during the winter and  we only have to dig a foot done to see how high the water table is.....but thankfully so far everything is fine.  No signs of any blow plaster what so ever.   As i said I will keep regular updates as this problem effects so many people.

Offline Harley

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 11:33:09 AM »
As promised just a quick update to say we've just got back from Calis and our villa is still bone dry with no signs of any damp. A massive thank you to Paul at villa4u

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 18:12:36 PM »
Can we please have this builders email.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf