Author Topic: Ferry to Rhodes  (Read 5685 times)

Offline amca

Re: Ferry to Rhodes
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 13:46:39 PM »
hotel silvia is cheap but okay for a couple of nights; good location for ferry to/from fethiye; good location for old town; cafe laginnes (sp) just inside old town at gate nearest to above hotel is good, on some nights there is live music from workers and friends; visit lindos; never got to symi island but will do the next time; new town is not as pretty as old but huge variety of bars and restaurants.
Your standards may be higher than mine, of course.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 17:12:30 PM »
We stayed in this Hotel which was lovely, had a room with a balcony that looked out to the sea and was totally private http://www.nikostakishotel.com/location_en.asp
It's in the old town just a short walk away is Rustico's Restaurant, which I recommended to Cenk last year and he enjoyed it too. Great place, lovely food and first night got a free drink, second day, lunchtime, vouchers for their gift shop and a free drink. Third visit when we announce we leaving, a bottle of wine to take back and they wanted our address to send us a Christmas card. http://www.rustico.gr/
Would also recommend hiring a car for a day and seeing the Island, as said,  Lindos is a beautiful place.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 23:24:56 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  Just as a follow on - has anyone been to the little island of Symi, whilst visiting Rhodes?  We bumped into a couple whilst over in Calis in May and mentioned that we fancied a visit to Rhodes, and they told us that we MUST visit Symi as it is really beautiful.  Having looked at photos of the tiny island, it does indeed look gorgeous.  Has anyone been there?   :)

Offline Lotty

Ferry to Rhodes
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2013, 06:36:44 AM »
Yes we've stayed in Symi  a few times and love it. It's a beautiful place and the view as the ferr turns into the bay is fabulous. Small boats take you to beaches and pick you up later in the day. You must try their speciality symi shrimps

Offline Lotty

Ferry to Rhodes
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »
Sent that too early sorry! There's the Symivisitor website so check it out. Also holidayed in Lindos, again very lovely, lots of small cobbled alleys everywhere i remember but it was very very hot in June.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 07:16:06 AM »
Symi photos,

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 09:53:23 AM »
Although it's a good number of years since I visited Rhodes, I would say that the old town of Rhodes & Lindos are worth a look, if you only have a couple of days available. Hotelswise, try to get something around Rhodes Town, rather than the beach resorts,as public transport will be a lot easier.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
Ferry to Rhodes
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 17:00:51 PM »
How long does the crossing to Rhodes take?

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 17:14:59 PM »
All depends on how fast the "boat on skis" goes !! 90 minutes is scheduled time, but that is weather and sea conditions being favourable.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf