Author Topic: Curtains  (Read 5412 times)

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
Curtains
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 16:59:23 PM »
Alan, you can certainly barter for furniture but be realistic. I think this has been mentioned before but usually electrical goods keep their price.

Offline alanw

Curtains
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2005, 17:07:23 PM »
Thanks Valentine, nice to know before you get there and barter in the wrong place.
Alan

Offline Gary-O

Curtains
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 11:17:37 AM »
Depending where you are buying your goods from it is also worth trying to barter on your electrical items, not all outlets offer you there best price.

Offline Mark G

Curtains
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 11:31:38 AM »
Eren Spot is the place to go for the bulk of your furniture. All good stuff and reasonably priced. It saves on the legs too. You could walk round Fethiye every day for a month and pay a fortune for your furnishings, but if you're on a budget and have to do a whole apartment from scratch, Bekir's place is a one stop shop for most things.

He's a very nice, pleasant, and genuine man as well.

Mark G

Offline Lou

Curtains
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 17:31:50 PM »
Hi everybody,

Many many thanks for all your information.    We will definitely go it alone.   Has anyone a "rough" idea what is should cost to furnish a 3 bed / 3 bath in Lissa Links - just a rough guide would be great.  I will convert your prices to Euro and see what cost is.  I'm sending an email now to Hanel House to say we will not avail of their "shopping" services!!  

Re:  Keycards
Where would we purchase the above ?? or what is the story on them.

Offline lmaddy

Curtains
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 18:02:08 PM »
Lou,

Hanel didn't charge us for their shopping services, we went round with a fantastic guy called Hussayin - I would now count him as a friend.

He took us to as every where and was very paitient with us as we turned down sofa after sofa.

There was no pressure and he helped us get our barings. We didn't buy from the sofa shops but it lead to us finding where we can get wrought iron beds and other furniture made - at fantastic prices.

In fact when we found "the sofa" he just happened to call us at that very time for another reason, he was not far away so came along to make sure they got all our details correct and ensured they delivered on time.

He helped us get our tax number and arranged for us to visit the bank. He also found me a dentist.

It is worth going round with Hanel's as for 1. they take you round in an air con car and 2, you get your barings.

We did do must of it ourselves - but it was helpful. Hanel's curtain shop was expensive we did find another quite a bit cheaper. Our cutains look beautiful - though we are still waiting for them to be finished off.

Sofas were our biggest problem, there was often a wait for delivery somes 23 days - so I would do this early on - you might be lucky and find the one and it is in stock.

We hired a car for 3 days to do the running around (basic turkish car we had quite a laugh)

Here is where be bought from:-

Crockery was from the Million Shop
Basics - some beds, mattresses, wardrobes, bedside tables was from Eren Spot (highly reccommended)
Sofa - Bellona (I think it must have been an outlet store as the prices where quite a bit cheaper then the big stores, it was on the top road from Calis into Fethiye).
Curtains & linen- Gizems

We kitted out a 4 bed to a very high standard (handmade iron beds & dinning room table for 8, curtains, patio furniture, dishwasher ect.) for £5000. Curtains are probably the biggest outlay £1000- we have 17 windows!

So you should budget for between £3500 - £4,500 depending on your tastes. The more you buy from Eren spot the cheaper your overall bill will be.

Have fun
Lorraine
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 21:28:01 PM by lmaddy »

Offline glennat

Curtains
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 11:10:53 AM »
Hi Lou,

I would say you should budget for about £3000+, although you could do it for less (and of course more).

Glen

Offline Lou

Curtains
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 18:46:18 PM »

Hi Lorraine,

many thanks for your invaluable information.    We were quoted around £4,000 - £5,000 to kit out house.  Glad to hear Hanel did not charge.  I advised them we would "go it alone" wish I hadn't now.   Also have been advised they have fitted fly screens without my authorisation / ocnfirmation as I had asked them to let me know how much it would cost and I told them I would discuss further when we arrive in Calis on the 22nd June as their price is too expensive (judging by all the people who answered my topic on fly-screens).   I will wait and see.....!!!!

Regards.

Louise
quote:
Originally posted by lmaddy

Lou,

Hanel didn't charge us for their shopping services, we went round with a fantastic guy called Hussayin - I would now count him as a friend.

He took us to as every where and was very paitient with us as we turned down sofa after sofa.

There was no pressure and he helped us get our barings. We didn't buy from the sofa shops but it lead to us finding where we can get wrought iron beds and other furniture made - at fantastic prices.

In fact when we found "the sofa" he just happened to call us at that very time for another reason, he was not far away so came along to make sure they got all our details correct and ensured they delivered on time.

He helped us get our tax number and arranged for us to visit the bank. He also found me a dentist.

It is worth going round with Hanel's as for 1. they take you round in an air con car and 2, you get your barings.

We did do must of it ourselves - but it was helpful. Hanel's curtain shop was expensive we did find another quite a bit cheaper. Our cutains look beautiful - though we are still waiting for them to be finished off.

Sofas were our biggest problem, there was often a wait for delivery somes 23 days - so I would do this early on - you might be lucky and find the one and it is in stock.

We hired a car for 3 days to do the running around (basic turkish car we had quite a laugh)

Here is where be bought from:-

Crockery was from the Million Shop
Basics - some beds, mattresses, wardrobes, bedside tables was from Eren Spot (highly reccommended)
Sofa - Bellona (I think it must have been an outlet store as the prices where quite a bit cheaper then the big stores, it was on the top road from Calis into Fethiye).
Curtains & linen- Gizems

We kitted out a 4 bed to a very high standard (handmade iron beds & dinning room table for 8, curtains, patio furniture, dishwasher ect.) for £5000. Curtains are probably the biggest outlay £1000- we have 17 windows!

So you should budget for between £3500 - £4,500 depending on your tastes. The more you buy from Eren spot the cheaper your overall bill will be.

Have fun
Lorraine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf