Author Topic: Got it wrong  (Read 3790 times)

Offline Sleuth

Got it wrong
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:30:49 PM »
Woops  .. I got it wrong    :-[       Way back in February I predicted that Hisaronu would experience their worst season ever this year.. and even by the end of May I still thought the same.. but from mid June onwards its been truly very busy here, and even this week the last week in September coming up its heaving  with visitors  during the day and nightime  : :)
Eternal pessimist as I am  I   said that many bars and restaurants will go under.. but 90% of them must have had a very good season from general observation, and talking to owners, so what with the great exchange rate, lots more turkish visitors , Greece and Spain apparantly being very expensive, Hisaronu will survive  ;D  and should do well  hopefully in October ( another bayram holiday )  and next season  :D....providing there are not any major international  political `local` disturbances or any more of Erdogan waving his islamic stick about .

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Got it wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »
That's great news for a change..... Not everyone likes Hissy but we have very fond memories of some great nights out up there and some good meals.. ..

Offline ovacik2

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 19:01:35 PM »
Good people indeed who can admit wrongs. You seem genuinely pleased Sleuth after some scathing comments.

My prediction for Hisaronu is that it will still be up and running long after we are all well pushing up daisies. Thankfully it is like all other places, if you like it you can visit and use it if you don't then you are free to stay away.  :)

Like most we use the bits we want when we want.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 20:14:28 PM »
Always go up to Booty for nails and pedicure.  It has now doubled inside and was packed when we arrived about 2.00pm.  The town was empty though, but it always is as everyone is down Oludeniz at the beaches.  I think it's only really busy in the evenings.  However, must be plenty of people staying in the area judging by all the beauty parlours being full.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 20:48:22 PM »
However, must be plenty of people staying in the area judging by all the beauty parlours being full.

Or, there are a lot of ugly people going there this year ?  ;)

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 20:58:44 PM »
Today ... during the day it was really busy... almost like a monday market day here

Offline jacqtay

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 13:19:46 PM »
Well that is good news  :D , Why ? , because we have just booked the Liberty Hisaronu (hubbys choice ) for next September.

This will be our second booking to Hisaronu but only our first visit as we cancelled a booking ( various reasons) to hisaronu we had made 5/6yrs past. I think our visit to calis last year gave us a taste for the area and we are now more at ease with visiting Hissy.

Thanks for the updates Sleuth.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf