Author Topic: Canal changes  (Read 2860 times)

Offline WendyA

Canal changes
« on: November 05, 2013, 13:55:54 PM »
Can't see any reference to this - but wasn't sure if those not out in Calis had seen the major changes to the canal?  They are lining the sides with rocks and the base with concrete in, I believe an attempt to stop the mosquito lava breeding in stagnant water.  Anyway - here are some photos.  They are working at a great pace in order to make progress before the major rains, but I still wouldn't be surprised if its not all finished by the spring! 14 men on site though (on average) and endless lorries carrying soil, rocks and concrete. A bit noisy - and dusty - if you live close by!!! (I'm having trouble with seeing the  photos, but hope you can!)

Offline DebbieLapis

Re: Canal changes
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 17:48:50 PM »
Hi Wendy
Thank you for your post and the photos showing the work that has started on the canal.
I really don't get out to Calis as much as I would like so had no idea this was even being considered - my apartment is on Lapis, so I think this will be a huge improvement.

Many thanks again for taking the time to upload the photos.  Really looking forward to seeing the end results when i am out in August 2014!

Best wishes

Debbie

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: Canal changes
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:11:03 AM »
You should be okay for August Debbie, I live further up to Lapis towards the top bridge,,turks say work should be finished in july, but never said what year.   ;)  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf