Author Topic: Poor Maintenance company  (Read 4092 times)

Offline Schofield

Poor Maintenance company
« on: August 13, 2014, 16:05:41 PM »
I own an apartment on a small complex near the Sunday market. Our complex is (supposed) to be maintained by Elite Property Solutions. However, the standard of the maintenance has been really sub-standard. It seems that the only strengths of the company are taking your money and making empty promises. When 2 of the owners turned up at the complex middle of April, the whole complex was a complete disgrace: overgrown shrubs, grassed areas and flower beds full of weeds and bald patches, debris everywhere. As we had paid for maintenance during the winter months and paid for an early start to the summer season, we were not too impressed. The only evidence that something had been done was that the swimming pools were full.
Since April, it has gone from bad to worse, as even the basic maintenance of sweeping, weeding, cleaning of the pools have been, at best, very erratic. Owners on holiday at the complex have had to carry on what should have been done by our maintenance company.
Our spokesperson is excellent and has done his best to get the complex to a satisfactory standard but most of his emails, texts and phone calls are met with a wall of silence or promises which never materialise.
So far, this year, every term of the contract has been broken. We've had a major electricity scam (communal electricity bills not paid for months, electricity supply reconnected illegally) and a poor little boy getting a bad ear infection due to lack of chemicals in the pool.
We've now had to employ somebody to attend to the complex even though, Elite had been paid till the end of September. We've also had to pay the last electricity bill before being cut off.
I am really annoyed and disgusted that such a company is still allowed to operate. Maybe, we have been unlucky and other complexes managed by Elite are faring better. I'd be interested to know.

Offline King Frat

Re: Poor Maintenance company
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 17:24:36 PM »
Hi Janine,

Everything you have said happened to us as well.  So upsetting for all owners and guests.  Get rid ASAP.

Ian

Offline shandy

• Ashton-under-Lyne, UK
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 18:46:46 PM »
Seems the norm here, we sacked our first guy, took on new company for 6mth only and they are on there way end of Sept!  Constantly having to chase them around to get jobs done. Any reasonably priced companies that come with GOOD reviews would be welcome x

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 18:56:13 PM »
You first complained about them on here in November last year [ http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=53465.msg344405#msg344405 ] - why are you still using them 9 months later if you have been unhappy so long? (Serious question, not aggressive attack   ;) )

Offline Schofield

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 19:19:53 PM »
Good point, Scunner. My complaint was when the company "looked after" my apartment. Being my own boss, I did not renew the contract. The new issue is the complex maintenance. I strongly objected to Elite being given the contract for 2014 but majority rule! Even though several other owners were dubious about Elite & asked for reassurances that the complex would be well looked after. As mentioned previously, Elite's manager is excellent at making empty promises but he got his contract renewed.
I'm sure that most Maintenance companies will have their faults but this one takes the biscuit!

Offline King Frat

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 19:45:19 PM »
The thing is that he owned an apartment on the complex and used to live there, so I guess he put out his charm to the fellow owners

Offline Lynne09

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 06:43:14 AM »
Unfortunately this is the norm with many maintenance companies, you pay for all year round maintenance but they only carry out the work just before you arrive,  we have had 5 different companies in the last 7 years and in my opinion they are full of promises they never keep, if you are not there they will not be around

Offline quackers

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 06:51:52 AM »
If ıts just pool and garden maıntenance you want there are lots of companıes that members can recommend .

Offline Schofield

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 19:26:02 PM »
Many thanks for your replies and useful advice. I do appreciate that maintenance will be "slack" in winter but you would expect your company to come to life at the beginning of the summer season, especially when owners are on holiday at the complex. In my mind, it is wrong to pay a company & then do the work yourself. We have somebody taking care of the complex on a temporary basis at the moment. What do other people do? Do you only pay for 6-8 months maintenance? As mentioned previously, I know that  there is no perfect company & that winter is an ideal time to make easy money. We've looked at recommended companies on the CBF & will decide when the time comes to select a better one. The point of my original message was to warn other people off. Having said that, the manager of Elite has now started a new venture so property maintenance may no longer be an issue.
Janine

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 19:39:36 PM »
The one that does Lissa Park was well recommended recently I remember. The bit I don't remember is what they are called :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf