Author Topic: Easyjet Refund  (Read 8909 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Easyjet Refund
« on: May 30, 2015, 13:10:17 PM »
In January I booked an Easyjet Bristol-Dalaman return flight at the monstrous cost of £339.64. I looked online today and the cost for the same flight (including baggage and pay by credit card, as per original) is now £233.56. A week ago I would have been a bit miffed. But not today. Because in the last week I have learned something. Easyjet have a refund policy if this happens. They send you a voucher for the difference to be spent in the next 6 months on another Easyjet flight (i.e. booked in this time, you don't have to fly). So I phoned them up and within minutes they sent me a voucher for £104. RESULT!!! That will pay for my next flight to Edinburgh to see my new granddaughter (and her parents of course).

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's how to do it:[/size]- Check if the price has dropped. Compare the price Easyjet's website lists with what you paid. If it's cheaper, and there isn't a sale on, then you should be able to claim the difference. Don’t forget the final price you paid may include extras such as baggage, seat selection and a card fee, so factor that all in.- Call to claim your voucher. Have your booking reference and flight details to hand, then callEasyjet's customer service department on 0330 365 5000 (as it's an 03 number, the call will be part of your minutes allowance or cost no more than a standard number). Unfortunately you have to call - you can't claim by email or letter. - Use your credit voucher within six months, by phone only. The difference in price will be sent to you as an Easyjet credit voucher by email, usually immediately. However if you don't get it, check your spam folder. You'll then have six months to use it on any Easyjet flight - you'll have to call up when booking but Easyjet says you'll always pay the price it quotes online.

[Courtesy of Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert via member on another forum. Loves you Martin]

Offline marina

Re: Easyjet Refund
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 15:29:04 PM »
Thanks for that Colwyn.  We use easyjet a lot, especially for flights to Dalaman.  Am now going to check if our flights next month to there have come down   :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 12:28:10 PM »
How did you get on Marina?

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »
They'd gone up Colwyn  :(

Not by much but no refund for me.  Will keep checking and remember for next time though, as I said we use easyjet quite a bit. 

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 11:03:00 AM »
Thanks Colwyn for this post I have just stumbled upon. Just phoned up and got a refund voucher for £73 on our April flights. Nice One!!

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »
Why don't Monarch have a similar policy? (or maybe they do, but I don't know about it??)

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
Monarch do,have got £134 voucher that has to be used in 12 month.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2016, 12:37:46 PM »
Thanks for that Savoyboy - just checked my June flights...... but they"ve gone up !

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »
Given much talk of tourists staying away from Turkey in their hordes I thought I'd check to see if my Easyjet  flights in June had come down so I could claim a refund. In September the booking cost was £1016.86; now it would be £1045.46. I'll look again in a couple of months.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:17:39 AM by Colwyn »

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 10:16:47 AM »
Given much talk of tourists staying away from Turkey in their hordes

I suspect its going to be the charter & holiday companies who'll bear the brunt of folks abandoning Turkey for Spain, Greece, Skegness etc.  My gut feeling is that Easyjet may even see a slight upturn in business if the charter companies cancel/amalgamate flights thus reducing the overall number of seats available - just checked Edinburgh - Dalaman, £325 rtn inc hold bags. 

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf