Author Topic: HSBC UK Rebranding  (Read 1870 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
HSBC UK Rebranding
« on: June 09, 2015, 21:11:01 PM »
HSBC are going to rebrand their UK operation and will be looking to their customers to suggest a new name for them.

I bet we can think of a few.  ;)

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jun/09/hsbc-cuts-25000-jobs-globally

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Re: HSBC UK Rebranding
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 21:38:51 PM »
Well with all the banks playing the let's go retro games.  Such as the return of TSB or the pushing of Nat West name rather than RBS.  So HSBC in the UK will return to the old name of Midlands Bank.

Personally I do not have a problem if they go, the costs and risks from the UK banks - as we saw in 2008 - is too high a price to pay for me, and things can only get worse in the future, and I do not want to see the UK economy on its back again from bailing out the bankers, particularly crook banks like HSBC with extensive investment banking arms.  Oh yes and if they think they are going to dodge out of paying taxes too from off shoring to Hong Kong or wherever, well they can think again.  Scrap the bank levy and introduce a financial transaction tax instead .... oh hold on the Tories don't want that cos it will hurt their friends in the Hedge Funds, which is why it will almost certainly be introduced through the back door by the EU .... well done Brussels.   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf