Author Topic: Vinn wifi 229 lira inc sim and 10 gb  (Read 8672 times)

Offline Fran

Vinn wifi 229 lira inc sim and 10 gb
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 09:09:11 AM »
Have a look at What Loz posted above, once in the site you can check your usage, you can also send a message from within the site and they will reply with how much data you have left.
The message you send KALAN to 2222

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: Vinn wifi 229 lira inc sim and 10 gb
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2015, 05:19:14 AM »
A couple of questions re the Vinn wifi gadget please!
I went into a Turkcell shop yesterday to do my first top up since buying in August, i paid the money the chap gave me a receipt with a number on which he highlighted for me do i have to do something with the no or will my top up just go on, i gave him my sim card, they did not speak hardly any English in the shop, i wanted to ask if its 6 or 9 months you get before it becomes inactive, some folk say its 6 some say 9.
Thanks anyone   :)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
I bought one on Friday but it cost me 270 lira for the sim, gadget and 10gb.  They advised me that my sim will stay valid for 6 months, i.e until April 16th 2016.  Just wondering, as I have brought mine home to uk now until I return in April, is there anyway you can use the gadget with a UK sim???? Will it matter if the gadget stays uncharged until April, and what is the minimum top up I would need to buy on my return ? thanks for any advice.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2015, 16:51:14 PM »
Gosh i keep getting told conflicting advice! Went into Turkcell in Gunlakbasi this afternoon both chaps spoke English, what i was told was i think! If i buy the 10 gb packet for 45 tl then it will stay active fir 6 months but i will lose the allowance,if you only top up like i did yesterdsy 12 tl thinking thiis will keep it live until April but that is no good it has to be the 45 tl top up...as a new sim card is the same price i will just buy a new sim card in April.
Its a bit of a pain and seems a bit stupid when i already have a sim card he laughed and said this is Turkey!  ;)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2015, 20:11:18 PM »
We use the Turkcell shop in the one way street in Fethiye, we bought our Turkish mobile from them and we get top ups there.  The lady in the shop speaks really good English. 

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2015, 13:43:09 PM »
Sue Mac, I use my Turkcel Vinn in the UK, I use 3G Store, no need to unlock, I purchased the sim and now purchased Gb online when I need it.   I used to pay for Gb in Turkey through my Garanti account. 
I celetaped the Vinn mobile number inside the back cover of the gadget, when I want to top up in Turkey I take the Vinn to any shop show them the number, tell them how many Gb I want, I get a receipt with the amount paid.  when I get on line and check the messages in the account I get confirmation there too. 

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2015, 16:09:05 PM »
The Turkcell shop outlets must be doing well from this as the devices are only 135tl to order online.  So a 142tl for a SIM and 10GB that you require to complete this package seems a little steep!!  But I suppose the benefit of buying it all together in one stop has its advantage, but also higher price!!  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf