Author Topic: melodi bar  (Read 10604 times)

Offline jackstee

Re: melodi bar
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2015, 20:57:15 PM »
I belıeve a telephone number ıs on theır facebook page.

Sorry I don,t really do facebook

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 20:58:50 PM »
Easy to do Facebook, just join in.  I never did it, but joined to save the dolphins and now I am hooked. 

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2015, 00:52:15 AM »
Had to write about this great place. The food is excellent and Selma and Figo greeted us like old friends inspite the  fact this is their first year here and we've never met them before. The prices are very reasonable and the setting is very peaceful. If you get the chance please come and sample their menu. The Sunday roast is as good as my hubby's lol.

Figo & Selma were amongst the unfortunates whose business premises adjacent to Ugur Mumcu Parki in Fethiye, were demolished this year , due to the earthquake damage to adjacent buildings. Probably the most truly down to earth people that one could ever hope to meet . When Loz and I lived in Akarca, Fethiye, Lorraine taught Figo how to do a "proper" Sunday roast, ( with REAL gravy from the meat stock ! ) even going to the extraordinary measure at the outset, of cooking the meat in our own kitchen, and taking it along to the original Melodi Bar/Restaurant on the Sunday !! Figo very quickly "caught on", and supervised to a degree by Loz, managed to continually serve probably the best Sunday lunches in Fethiye , even learning the knack of " cream teas" using the amazing Kaymak instead of the usual double cream . Good luck to a wonderful couple, cannot wait to meet them again in 3 weeks !!
P.S. Figo got carried away with the "task", after Loz had shown him how to do English, (ok British ;-)) pancakes on one visit to the "old" Melodi, and when we went back into his kitchen to see how he was doing, we were met by a veritable "mountain" of delicious ,freshly made pancakes !!

Just adding my very Best Wishes to Selma & Figo's new business, lovely, friendly, honest, serve good food, what more could anyone ask or expect  :)

Offline raygans

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 10:05:07 AM »

Feeding the terrapins at Melody Bar 

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 10:31:15 AM »
Like nothing more after a fraught day shopping in Fethiye in this heat than to call in at Melodi Bar and relax and enjoy Figo.s tasty fish and chips before wending our way back up to Uzumlu. It isnt really on our way home but I can always make it be. !!!!!

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »
Like nothing more after a fraught day shopping in Fethiye .......

------------------------------
Love the first part of this thread    ;)   ;D :angel:

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 14:58:46 PM »
Like nothing more after a fraught day shopping in Fethiye in this heat than to call in at Melodi Bar and relax and enjoy Figo.s tasty fish and chips before wending our way back up to Uzumlu. It isnt really on our way home but I can always make it be. !!!!!

Just take the scenic route , and pop in to "Melodi" !!

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 16:22:26 PM »
Thats exactly what we do Gordon, always works .......stress gone.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »
We visited a couple of weeks ago and can't complain, nice people, nice food and will go again without a doubt  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf