Author Topic: New member  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Georgie Girl

• Newly Registered
« on: January 24, 2016, 14:47:13 PM »
Hi my name is Julie and my husband and I have been going to Calis on holiday every year since 2001.  We first visited Calis in 1998 with friends and they enjoyed it so much they carried on going.  Then in 2001 they persuaded us it would be a good place to go back to and we haven't looked back.  We used to go to the Kaan Hotel until 2 years ago when we changed to the Letoon Hotel as we were fed up with having the long walk and down when we wanted to go to town so wanted a quiet, seafront hotel.  Sadly we left it too late with the Letoon being sold last year.  I first found this site last October when I was looking for an update on the Letoon as when we left the hotel last September we were told it was going to be refurbed over the winter and be back open this year.  Sadly I don't think this had happened so we are now looking for somewhere else on or near the front that's quiet.  We love to catch up on all the news from Calis e.g. found out about `Mike` from Gunisk's car accident.  Also love all the photos and following ArtyMar's blog.  We like to be involved with want is going on in Calis and have been sponsoring the Animal Aid charity for a few years.  We have already booked to go back in June as want to show our support of the Turkish people.  Just wish there was a webcam in Calis as have to be content with looking at the Olu Deniz webcam when I want my Fethiye/Calis `fix`.  Can't someone persuade one of the seafront restaurants to set up a live feed?         

Offline wickwilly

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 15:07:59 PM »
Welcome to The Forum, Georgie Girl.

WW

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 15:35:47 PM »
Yes welcome and great first post.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 15:58:14 PM »
Welcome from a Letooner of many years.

Offline Lotty

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 17:39:45 PM »
Welcome geordie girl, agree with bluewise, a great first post!   :) I also agree with you that we need a webcam other than Olu! I'm sure it boosts business there too, maybe Nil Bar - or one that's open all year? One day they'll all have one !  8)

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 20:11:57 PM »
Welcome Georgie Girl.

Many knowledgeable people on the forum (not I - unless it's rugby union) with a wealth of information for you.

Some dry but nonetheless very witty humour (Highlander and KKOB especially - their texts are reviving the Goon Show).

It's a great place to be.

Jacqui for shopping (antiques and "lady" purchases a speciality) and many other members for local information.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf