Author Topic: Migrant Crisis  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Steve A

Migrant Crisis
« on: March 06, 2016, 14:05:04 PM »
Is there any sign of this in the Calis/Fethiye area ?
Looking at the news it appears that hordes are going through Turkey,across to Lesbos and then onto mainland Europe heading for Germany and the U.K.
Looking at the map the migrants would have to pass lots of beautiful coastal areas such as Dalaman.
So without this turning into a political or humanitarian debate,what is the evident impact in Calis/Fethiye ?

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Migrant Crisis
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 14:32:26 PM »

I've only heard of a group in Dalaman that are being looked after by various charities, and one family in fethiye,but following

a couple of weeks of appeals for various items I have heard nothing more of them. There were reports of large numbers  of

migrants congregating in Izmir.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 14:53:39 PM »
Land of Lights ran an article last issue that IRO 1000 / week are crossing to Meis, I'm guessing that they are leaving from somewhere around Kas.

UNCHR & Medecins sans Frontiere have been bringing in supplies & Migrant Offshore Aid Station have recently taken "hundreds" of migrants onwards

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 15:19:55 PM »
We were onGemiller beach about 4 years ago when the place was suddenly surrounded by armed jandarma.. Small boats started to come in with refugees on board.. Some could hardly stand as they had been as sea a good few days. Mostly women and children.. They had to be helped off the boats and began screaming and crying when they saw guns pointed at them. The Jandarma all hid their weapons and started giving out bread and bottled water.. The refugees had been dropped at Cleopatra Island and told that they were in Italy.. We have no way of knowing where they ended up.. It happens a lot apparantly that they are told they are being taken to Italy..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf