Author Topic: Internet  (Read 14130 times)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Re: Internet
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 21:54:43 PM »
thanks stoop

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 10:18:53 AM »
Stoop is correct, it appears that Skyfibernet have changed their offering on monthly usage to suit you, to one of pre pay six months in any 'rolling' twelve months, and they are asking you to pay a premium on the price for this too.  This will still work as a package for many, who, for example, come over for the summer months, but those like stoop who come over for a few weeks a year it does not make sense.  Shame that, cos everything else about the service is good.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 10:37:30 AM »
Looks like its a case of "Fethiye prices" surfacing - I was helping someone out with their Kodi install recently and in her area (Aydin) they're paying 350tl install and 30tl per month for what sounds like a very similar set up.  Switching off and on by the month doesn't appear to be a problem, i.e. no "premium" charges.

Cant comment on stuff like customer service, overall quality of connection etc, but they get a fast enough connection to watch IPTV via Kodi without too many issues.

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 11:29:51 AM »
Just got a reply from them. It seems they only offer two packages. 39.95 per month for a 12 month contract or 570 upfront for six months use (114ytl a month even at fiull usage!)

Rip off for the second package!

We won't be using them!

Oh well - nothing lasts over here.

Just a shame an Internet company can't update their website to reflect their offers.

Try asking Ttnet that

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 19:07:55 PM »
Am I missing something here???
39.95 per month on an annual contract = 480 annually.
So, why would anyone want to take the 6 months in 12 package at 570 up front?
I would take the annual contract as am in Turkey for c. 4 months a year, which would average out at 120 per month ( which is less than I spend on my mifi device, on which incidentally, I don't access UK TV due to data limitations) but I think I am right in saying this isn't available in Ovacik yet?

Offline madmart

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2016, 19:43:17 PM »
I'm still considering it when I come out next week. It is still less than £10 per month.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 06:10:58 AM »
I am no expert but my system with Finet works for me and I pay 29.90 lira per month - when we are out only.
For that I get up to 4mb and I consistently get 3.5mb - which is probably not enough to stream live tv - especially on a £35 android tablet that I use with hdmi out to tv. I think it might stream on a better device but I don't buy branded names (iPad, Galaxy etc) but mine streams live tv perfectly at times so with something better the "experts" say it should       :)

So I pay Filmon £4.10 a month for 4 hours recording time - then I record Monday nights best programmes - download on Tuesday and then watch Tuesday evening and as it is playing back from the android tablet - not over the internet - it plays back perfectly    :) So I then repeat daily.

Also as the best programmes tend to be on at 9pm in the UK - 11pm in Turkey this system suits us.

Set up was about 200 lira for me a year ago as I took a "spare" modem I had in the UK and then paid to own the receiver which is installed on the roof. At the time you could pay 120 for receiver and 100 for modem and 30 = 250 total for set up but you were only "renting" the kit and if you didn't use for a long period (undefined) they could come to retrieve their equipment which is why I bought it outright.

Initially the previous owner's of this franchise had lots of downtime but new owner's took it on in January and it has gone off once or twice for an hour and I got a text to inform me - so it has been great for us throughout our 4 month stay.

We watched The Secret, Marcella, Match of the Day, BGT, Indian Summer's etc. etc etc without a problem.
Have now returned to UK so cancelled payment to Filmon - won't go to Finet to make next payment next week and will reactivate both when we return       :)

Oh, they are in nice new premises opposite Homeprof in Fethiye and speak little English but enough "just" to get by but it would help to speak a little Turkish or have a "friend" if you had serious problems but if you are living here for month's at a time you should make the effort to speak some Turkish and Google Translate is a useful last resort   :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:27:01 AM by Ian »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 07:06:53 AM »
Thanks Ian. That sounds more like it. We are here about 11 weeks this year so it sounds a better option. I take it it's unlimited usage?

And yes klan- it's stupid to take the up front option when the  12 month contact is cheaper.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 08:55:33 AM »
Stoop - yes it is genuinely unlimited but not superfast speed.
I pay for upto 4mb but you can pay 10 lira more (39.90) for up to 6mb.

Interestingly when I play Filmon in bed on my phone (occasionally after reading may take a quick look at the news or something) it streams perfectly and my phone is a fairly decent Huawei but with no hdmi out port.
So I use a cheap tablet - bought specifically to use as an "experiment" and my workaround system works so not bothered to change it but I do think it might stream live tv better if I had some half decent kit but as I don't need live tv - just watch a day behind - I just need to remember to download and clear my 4 hours space with Filmon each day   ;)

Offline madmart

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 16:50:26 PM »
Hi all

I've had Skyfibernet installed today. Going out soon so I'll post a few more details later. So far all seems fine.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf