Author Topic: So - Is Calis Beach Quieter Than Normal?  (Read 5501 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: So - Is Calis Beach Quieter Than Normal?
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2016, 08:44:14 AM »
I hear that bookings have gone up by 7% since Jacqui publicized the abundance of prostitution in the area.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 09:10:39 AM »
I am happy to report, that holidaymakers were going past my gate all day and night, as opposed to the odd one or two.

Its the knocking shop just down road doing 50% discount :))

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 17:24:22 PM »
Went out on the third boat trip so far this year - with Gemo boat from Fethiye - usual great food and a visit to a bay we had not been to before.  Anyway back on topic, it was noticeable out on the sea that the number of private day boats, both from calis and Fethiye, was down.  The usually busy Tarzan Bay lunch stop only had about 6-8 boats stopping over the lunch period.  Yes there was a number of super yachts and bigger boats about, but the 'normal' tourist boats were noticeable by their absence.  When we went out and came back we passed the Letoonia but could not see anyone on the sunbeds, and I didn't see too much going on at the beach for Hillside Hotel either.

Offline Silverfox

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 22:56:13 PM »
mac2010, is that discount exclusive for CBF members wearing their pin-badges? They're getting more publicity from this forum of late, than a discreetly placed piece of card in a phone box.  :D  :D :D :D :D :D :D (Tin hat at the ready awaiting incoming)

Offline jackstee

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »
Last year we noticed a lot of the boats were full of Turkish people, the numbers may be down this year due to it being Ramadan.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2016, 12:21:11 PM »
Or because the Brits (or the Russkis)  aint here in the numbers they were in previous years.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
So - Is Calis Beach Quieter Than Normal?
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »
Jerry Boat shared pictures earlier in the week showing that in each direction from the boat there were no other boats whatsoever. A bit eerie and something I've never seen at this time of year.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 13:30:16 PM »
I am happy to report, that holidaymakers were going past my gate all day and night, as opposed to the odd one or two.

Its the knocking shop just down road doing 50% discount  :))

How do you know  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 15:47:49 PM »
We went to Oludeniz today, numbers are down there.  We were in the Buzz Beach Bar and when we arrived some of the paragliders were landing.  Then we saw no more, we thought that strange as last year they were landing every few minutes.  We had lunch and a few drinks and still no more paragliders.  The restaurant was about a quarter full. We heard a guy behind us speaking on Face Time and telling someone the place was so empty compared to last year.  We went for a walk up and down, not a lot of people around and some restaurants empty. All the waiters standing out in the street asking did we want a meal and when we said we had eaten then they asked us to come for a drink, we also noted a lot of offers on the restaurants. Empty shops too.  Then we, at last saw a few more paragliders coming in to land. . Felt sorry as the business owners  seem to be really struggling .

Offline Clioman2

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2016, 16:16:03 PM »
Been here 4 days and it's definitely quieter(been coming this time of year for 15 years). It's sad to see just a few tables occupied in restaurants that were usually busy, the locals are a bit anxious to say the least. Last week's Sunday Times said that bookings for Turkey are on the iincrease ; can't come soon enough.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf