Author Topic: Snapshots of Turkey  (Read 5779 times)

Offline marina

Re: Snapshots of Turkey
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 14:51:03 PM »
Those mussels in your first photo Colwyn look delicious!  A few years ago I couldn't have faced a plate of mussels but now I love them.  The best I've had, so far, was in New Zealand last year, a plate of superb green lipped ones.  But those in your photo are making my mouth water!  :D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 14:56:46 PM »
I love mussels. At one point in my life I became allergic and had sever 48 hour reactions to them. It happened twice and for 20 years I steered well clear. Then one day Hilary had a bowl-full and I hesitantly tried one. I was OK. Next time I tried three. Still fine. Then I had a bowl-full myself. Brilliant! I was cured. Since then I've tried to make up for the twenty missing years.

Offline sadler

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 15:10:25 PM »
Those mussels in your first photo Colwyn look delicious!  A few years ago I couldn't have faced a plate of mussels but now I love them.  The best I've had, so far, was in New Zealand last year, a plate of superb green lipped ones.  But those in your photo are making my mouth water!  :D

Absolutely! can't beat the fish and shell fish in New Zealand Marina.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2016, 15:27:37 PM »
Road Haulage

You don't see this so often these days.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 15:47:11 PM »
Nice set of photos that reflect Turkish hospitality at its best ....

Offline marina

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 15:55:09 PM »

Absolutely! can't beat the fish and shell fish in New Zealand Marina.

And going back for more next year hopefully.   :)

And then back to Calis, to find Colwyn's  ;D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:25 AM »
Here is a Highlander style piece of self-indulgence.

Discovering Turkey: Izzy's Diary
(as imagined by her grandfather)

I spent lots pf time in the pool and the sea, but I did other things as well. We went by taxi to a village where the White Storks nest on top of telegraph posts. There's one over there.

[

And there's another one.

In the village there were hens running about in the streets and into people's yards outside their houses. One women saw me looking at her hens, rushed out,picked me up and carried me inside. She found a little chick and let me stroke it. It was great.

On another day we walked a long way through the forest and along the coast to a stoney beach. I built a Stone Castle with a little Turkish friend I made.

And I found a little pool where things were swimming. They were turtles! Granddad calls them terrapins but that just means small turtles so I call them turtles. There's one. Look!

All this excitement makes me hungry so I had a little snack. It is called balık ekmek.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 10:25:29 AM »
That's the end of my photo storm ... so it is iyi günler from me and iyi günler from her.

Offline sadler

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »
Brilliant! Love seeing things through a child's eye, although she may have been thinking "silly old bxxxxxx" -I know from the looks in my grandchildren's eye that they frequently think that!  ;D ;D  ;)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 10:40:46 AM »
Lovely pictorial Colwyn. The photos actually need few words! Nice one of you both to finish too. 8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf