Author Topic: Where was the best meal you ever had in Calis or Fethiye over the years?  (Read 7438 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
We were just speaking about good meals and great nights out in Calis and Fethiye and it got me thinking.
The best meal and the most wonderful night out we had was about 6 years ago on Red Island.  They sent a speed boat for us, that was quite scary though, but exciting.  When we arrived at the Island there was a little funicular that we got into, it took us up to the restaurant.   The views up there by the lighthouse were breathtaking.  The food was wonderful and we were invited to the fish tank to picked out a couple of lobsters for our dinner.  The whole night was magic.  Such a shame they closed down.
So, to other members. Where was your best meal that you always recall and what made it so special?    :)

Offline scorcher

Must have been terribly expensive.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Double iskender in Paşa with an otuz beşlik on the side.  Several times.

And with enough change out of a bullseye to then get slaughtered down the strip (Hi Ian  :))

Those were the days  :)

JF

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Must have been terribly expensive.

And your point is ?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Without question Steak Diane in La Terace many years ago when the young chef was there.

Simply gorgeous.

I can't remember how much I paid, sorry.

Offline BernieTeyze

Sounds wonderful Jacqui. Try as I might I just can't bring myself to eat lobster. Everything we go to have it I look in the tank and there is always one with his whatever they are called up in the air,as if to say rescue Me!, I eat all seafood, crab included no problem. It is on my bucket list though. : :)

Offline Jack13

slightly off topic. congrats. to you Jacqui on your 10.000th. post. lol

Offline scorcher

About five years ago my step daughter had the romantic notion to be married in Turkey. Her preferred choice was to have the ceremony in the deserted church in Kayakoy but this was very quickly kicked into the long grass by the relevant Turkish authorities.
Venue 2 was to have been Red Island. They did the speedboat and lobster run and loved the whole idea of the location. Now we had a vested interest as to the cost of this venture for the normal reasons but were told quite forcefully not to interfere! Hence my interest in the OP.
As it turned out I think the logistics in boat transport and getting the wedding guests in various states of alcoholic euphoria safely back to dry land was deemed a step or steps too far so this time the idea was unfortunately kicked this time into the seaweed.
The wedding eventually took place in the " Vicar of Dibley " Church in Turville followed by and in keeping the water theme going, with a lovely reception and knees up in a charming hotel by the river Thames.
Do hope this helps you and your ardent followers and answers your rather poorly veiled implications in your query.

Offline IanK

We did the Red Island dinner trip a couple of times in 2008 and 2009  as Jacqui described.

I recall it worked out at TL300 per couple which would have been a little over £100 at the time.

Ian

Offline marina

Venue 2 was to have been Red Island. They did the speedboat and lobster run and loved the whole idea of the location. Now we had a vested interest as to the cost of this venture for the normal reasons but were told quite forcefully not to interfere! Hence my interest in the OP.
As it turned out I think the logistics in boat transport and getting the wedding guests in various states of alcoholic euphoria safely back to dry land was deemed a step or steps too far so this time the idea was unfortunately kicked this time into the seaweed.

This reminded me of a wedding we went to in Rhodes quite a few years ago now.  The wedding was at the little church in Lindos but to get there the family had hired a boat to take all the guests from the hotel in Pefkos where the reception was taking place, round the island to Lindos and back again.  Trouble was the boat couldn't moor close enough to the hotel so had to send it's small boat out to the beach, over several trips, and then everyone had to clamber on board up the ladder.  Picture if you will, the bride in her very full skirted wedding dress, bridesmaids, mother of the bride and all the other guests climbing into the boat from the beach and then up the ladder onto the bigger boat!  Then we did it all again on the return journey.  The video from that day was priceless!!  Fortunately the celebrations (drinking) didn't start in earnest until after we'd got back to the hotel.   ;)
So I think the right decision was probably made for your step daughter's wedding scorcher!   ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf