Author Topic: Want to relocate to Turkey  (Read 3331 times)

Offline Barbrose

• Newly Registered
Want to relocate to Turkey
« on: October 12, 2016, 14:29:51 PM »
Hello everyone. 

I am looking for advice on relocating to Turkey.  I think Chalis Beach is a suitable place for me as it seems to have all the amenities I need and is flat.  I love Turkey and have decided that rather than end up in an old folk's home here, I would prefer to be in the sun!  I am fit and well but my husband who is a lot older than me has lots of things wrong, heart failure, COPD and memory loss but I'm sure he would feel fitter in the sun.  I don't want to leave it too late for me and would appreciate any advice about living in Turkey.  I have decided that if I sell my house in UK I would buy a small flat here to rent out, then rent in Turkey before I buy a property.  Is this the right way to go about things?  Look forward to getting to know you all.

Barb

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Want to relocate to Turkey
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 14:42:15 PM »
I am fit and well but my husband who is a lot older than me has lots of things wrong, heart failure, COPD and memory loss but I'm sure he would feel fitter in the sun.

Have you asked him?

JF

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 15:15:13 PM »
Hi Barb, I would say healthcare isn't cheap and hospital bills are randomly very cheap or extortionate with no pattern as to which is which.

I advise everyone to follow their dreams but please ensure you have insurance to cover all potential eventualities. Turkey healthcare could bankrupt a millionaire.

Good luck with everything.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 16:09:33 PM »
my husband who is a lot older than me has lots of things wrong, heart failure, COPD and memory loss
I've had heart failure - actually when I was on holiday in Turkey. I came for two months and was back home under medical repatriation in just over two weeks most of which was spent in a Turkish hospital. I had declared heart murmur as a pre-existing condition so my UK insurance was already very high. When I had heart surgery to give me a new heart valve and a single bypass my insurance rates came down. Unfortunately I also have COPD and when I upped from one type of puffer to two the rates went back up again - seems insurance companies particularly don't like COPD. Together with other health problems this put us off moving to Turkey semi-permanently. So I didn't research getting Turkish insurance but I'm sure others will advise and I certainly agree with Scunner that arranging insurance would be a priority.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 17:12:39 PM »
A lot of ex-pats couples who have lived in Calis for a while come back to the U.K when one or other of them has medical problems as they get good treatment under the N.H.S. 
As said, before you do anything, check out insurance.
Remember it is not so sunny in the winter months in Calis, you will have to pay for heating.
Why not come out for a few months and rent place first, then see how you get on, before you make any moves to sell up in the U.K.   Coming in the Winter might be a good idea.   Good luck. :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf