Author Topic: How Was Your Hotel? 2016  (Read 13723 times)

Offline Lotty

Re: How Was Your Hotel? 2016
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 11:24:15 AM »
I LOVE Yakamoz and have been staying there on and of for about 15 years. In the main hotel the ground floor rooms are small, traditionally Turkish and the newer upstairs rooms are more modern, large and airy. Everywhere is spotless. As Phil says there are 3 cottages in the grounds and an annexe with 10 rooms. It really is lovely, hidden away and so peaceful. Food is great, served in the evenings under the grape vines. The fantastic staff quickly become good friends. Google it. ;D

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2016, 17:10:47 PM »
Stayed a week at the Tugay in mid September.  I've posted about this hotel previously and was glad to return to its informality and friendliness.  Also called at the Oykun where we have stayed before.  Played bowls and had a couple of lunches there........we've booked two weeks in summer next year.  Rather like Scunner's posts about the Delta so may try that in autumn next year although I would expect the prices to be significantly higher than the ones I've mentioned.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 18:55:01 PM »
13 YEARS  ago we drove down a dusty potholed track and arrived at the Golden Moon Hotel our first time in Calis  we had a great time for 5 days Then a family of 23 rolled up  all from Manchester  it was turned into a mad house around the pool grass area it was a swamp from them all bombing the pool , getting so drunk we stuck it out for 2 more days and with several other couples  we popped into the OYKUN across the track  and asked for rooms . The owners welcomed us with open arms gave us all rooms for the rest of our holiday , Our tour company paid for our moves and my my it was bliss for all of us,
Since then for the past 12 years my wife and I have stayed at the Oykun Hotel for our 18 or 21 day stays in June , many of the staff have been working there for all these years , 7 years ago we had a email in October from the Owner inviting us both the their  son OYKUN ,s  wedding at end of November  we did attend along with 5 other couples from uk who also were also invited , rooms were free like wise airport transfers  such kindness from  the owners .

Yes we go  other times in the year to various countries for short breaks s  BUT for us its like home from home like wise for many who return year after year, we just love  being there

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 09:30:53 AM »
Rather like Scunner's posts about the Delta so may try that in autumn next year although I would expect the prices to be significantly higher than the ones I've mentioned.

Probably, but maybe not as much as you imagine Dennis. We book direct and pay in lira (email Sue and say you spoke with Keith at the forum - hoteldeltafethiye@hotmail.com )

For the quality of hotel, view and location we think it a very fair price, you would pay far more in Spain or Portugal etc.

Another thing we do is two hotels - for example we did the magnificent Ece Saray in Fethiye then the other half at the Manaspark in Calis - we thoroughly enjoyed the quality of the first one,  and equally thoroughly enjoyed the value for money of the other.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 14:07:03 PM »
We booked the penthouse suite of the Delta for two nights, for our son when he was married over there.  We went into reception and arranged it.  It was £90.00 per night for B.&.B.  The suite covers the whole of the top of the Hotel has a bedroom, kitchen and dining area and a balcony with a jacuzzi that is not overlooked.   We thought that was terrific value and my Son and D.I.L. Enjoyed their stay.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 14:42:55 PM »
Thanks for the information Keith.  I'll email Sue for more details as you suggest and also consider the idea of a two centre holiday in the Fethiye area (as long as I have a week or so in Calis Beach!).   :)  Best wishes.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 18:10:10 PM »
Same here Dennis - we love Fethiye and staying there for a few days, but a visit without a chill out week or so in Calis is unthinkable.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
How Was Your Hotel? 2016
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2016, 13:14:18 PM »
We booked the penthouse suite of the Delta for two nights, for our son when he was married over there.  We went into reception and arranged it.  It was £90.00 per night for B.&.B.  The suite covers the whole of the top of the Hotel has a bedroom, kitchen and dining area and a balcony with a jacuzzi that is not overlooked.   We thought that was terrific value and my Son and D.I.L. Enjoyed their stay.

Yes the top floor apartment is a fantastic place to stay, we had a night there last October - the weather was shocking but that made for an amazing sunset viewed from the perfect location.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2016, 14:33:15 PM »
Hi Keith........received price details from Sue by email and you were right - the price for room with B&B and sea facing is considerably lower than I had imagined.  Thanks again for your help.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2016, 15:16:16 PM »
My absolute pleasure Dennis. I hope you will have the pleasure of stepping out to a balcony like this

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf