Author Topic: 2017 Season looking dire  (Read 35215 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: 2017 Season looking dire
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2017, 19:14:31 PM »
Our Turkish neighbour and her husband come from some other place in Turkey to run two establishments in hisaronu. She said this morning it was still quiet, it's only a week  in, but she hoped the British tourists would come back this season. She said it was the Turks that kept most people in business last season,visiting during Byram etc. Hope the season picks up this year in all resorts.  :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »
We know quite a few people who are going back to Turkey this year.As far as Calis goes ,it still has its regulars and it's still a case of once bitten forever smitten.

Offline blueclad

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »
Not Quite On Topic   but I think its Ramadam  when were in Calis   in June ,so looks like Large  G & T  ,s / Effes  ect ect out of a tea pots and cups again in the bars   >:(  looks like time to stock up at Rambos shop  ;D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2017, 11:23:54 AM »
We have visited during Ramadam,  No difference to tourists,  bars and restaurants all open.  The only time we cold not get alcohol was one day when an election was on.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2017, 14:35:50 PM »
Just been on the Sensatori site and it looks like they are busy this month. Lots of peeps going out again having been before.

Hope they get out and see Fethiye, etc.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2017, 22:08:02 PM »
Were just back from our first trip of the year, the nights we went out we didnt see any where busy, one place we went for dinner the beers were 13 tl and we were told not in a horrible way at all but could we order our food by 8 as the chef was going home as no point him staying as no customers! We went for a day to Nevada hotel and got chatting to a couple who said they were the only guests staying there, though they had only just opened for season...we had booked a night at the Pelin and on arrival found it to be shut with an old guy looking rather bewildered at us turning up we were redirected to the Jasmine again hardly anyone staying there...Now the Jiva beach we stayed there 2 nights and it was very busy with all nationalities what a didference at Jiva to rest of places...spoke to a chap there who had only paid £350 ish each including flights for 10 days and i have to say every time we stay at Jiva we like it more and more, would not want to do 2 weeks but if we ever decided to sell up the Jiva would be our first choice to stay price depending   :)   

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2017, 23:14:14 PM »
A few observations if may....

1. It is early on the season

2. How did the chef know that there would be no customers after 8 - if I turned up at that restaurant at 8:20 and was told that the chef had gone home, I certainly wouldn't go back there (been there got that t-shirt   :).

£ 350 all-inclusive for 10 days at Jiva is one helluva deal  ???

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2017, 04:47:02 AM »
I totally agree H it is only just the start of the season so im sure things will pick up i really hope so   :)
We thought the same re the place that ( I wont name them as Im sure it really was because theyv had no customers of an evening for so long and to be fair the guy was apologetic though his parting comment of " better food next time" was probably not the best choice of words"!
It was like a different world at Jiva we really were like where have all these people come from!
The couple we were talking to at Nevada normally go to Marmaris it was their first time in Calis and it was great to hear that they liked the area and werent put off by being the only ones there,they were just desperate for other folk to talk to   :) 

Offline Sleuth

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2017, 07:33:01 AM »
Seems I got it wrong :-)  Hisaronu certainly looks and feels busier so far ... even late April there were more people than usual around... so indications are that this season will be better than last :-)     

Offline blueclad

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »
Been looking at dalaman airport arrivals for the past week UK Flights were mainly Thomas cook & easy jet. first part of the week But in the past 3 days lots more uk other  flights coming in , how ever lots of german / Russian / Amsterdam flights have been landing for a couple of weeks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf