Author Topic: 2017 Season looking dire  (Read 34916 times)

Offline lissa

Re: 2017 Season looking dire
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2017, 12:23:32 PM »
Jet2, Thomson and Monarch also flying into Dalaman.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2017, 15:37:34 PM »
Strange how when the Jiva was built many of us (me included) expected it to be rubbish - what with being built on a swamp. Just shows what we know  ;)

Same with the Sensatori - too far out - too expensive - but they are both going from strength to strength as far as I can tell.

I expect the hotels to pick up even more once people realise they can't let friends stay in their homes without registering as a business.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2017, 15:40:48 PM »
I would prefer the B.&.B's to get the business then at least tourists will go and eat out.  Remote A.I  places like the Sensatori keep their customers inside.   

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 15:53:53 PM »
I would prefer the B.&.B's to get the business then at least tourists will go and eat out.  Remote A.I  places like the Sensatori keep their customers inside.   

Not sure that's strictly true  :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 17:23:19 PM »
I totally agree with what you posted Stoop, me too I remember 'scoffing' re Jiva when it was being built and never imagined loving it how we do now...I couldnt do two weeks of all in at this stage of my life but in our 'twighlight" years when we dont want the responsibility of owning a property anymore and i want to be waited on etc then Jiva will be perfect for that...obviously the price goes up the more the season gets underway but at £24 each per day/ night then the value for money was amazing...the food choices they have are fab the drinks not watered down though we werent entirely sure it was Efes coming out the pump...i can honestly see why so many families had chosen it for their holiday, when really in the scheme of things Turkey is defo not as value for money like it used to be...im not talking about the fresh produce in the markets etc I mean the rapid increase in alcohol prices etc, i know we all know who is to blame for that dont we!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2017, 17:25:56 PM »
I mean the rapid increase in alcohol prices etc, i know we all know who is to blame for that dont we!

Mr & Mrs Scunner and the Scunnerettes ?

Offline ReidSk

• Newly Registered
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2017, 17:59:43 PM »
Re Monarch flights - when we tried booking with Monarch last year for our holiday nowe, we were told Monarch were not starting flights until 20 May. 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2017, 18:00:21 PM »
Jiva does seem to attract customers who do go out for a meal because it is not far to go.
I read on another Forum someone askng how much money they needed to go the the Sensatori and they were told by a guy who was staying there  he only bought a newspaper every day and had never left the site as there would be no reason too.
I also read the Belek & Antalya Forums on T.A.  The people there only go to stay in the A.I. Hotels they do not go out. One said they love to be pampered for two weeks and there is nothing to go out for.  All they every write about is the luxury Hotels and nothing about the local area.    I would hate our area to be like this. :'(

Offline Lotty

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2017, 19:01:26 PM »
I think I'd enjoy a stay there, but I couldn't limit myself to never going out elsewhere, that's the beauty of the whole area, so many places to try and enjoy. Probably why we came back for so many years. We stayed everywhere quite economically but mixed in a tiny bit of luxury each time.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2017, 22:18:19 PM »
Ha ha that has given me a much needed chuckle KKOB   ;)No not Mr and Mrs Scunner and the Scunnerettes he who has put the tax up on alcohol didnt want to put his name incase I have to go straight to jail and not collect £200 on the way   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf